Ping assist broken for MW2 XR700 on latest firmware

Dina1229

Your software has had it's shares of ups and downs over the years. This isn't my first Duma OS router. I'm aware of how it should theoretically work. It has previously worked well enough where if you set your values correctly, you can actually prevent yourself from getting into any match on multiplayer games. Historically this has worked by reducing your geofilter zone to an area where gaming servers do not exist and/or enabling strict mode with ping levels that aren't achievable due to your geographic distance from servers.

In modern warfare 2, there is absolutely no combination of variables that have ANY effect on what ping you get when you enter a server. I am very frustrated. I wouldn't mind having a higher ping (50+), but I am constantly matched with lobbies that are 10 to 20 ping and you can absolutely feel the difference. It is a significant disadvantage. 

I have flushed the cloud over and over. Instead of restarting the game, I also reboot my PC any time I make changes. There is absolutely NO setting that impacts the matchmaking in this game for me. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

On the startup of the game I see the typical authentication servers world wide. What is fascinating to me is that even if I geofilter reduce my range to ignore those authentication servers, I still get into the game and have access to multiplayer. This formerly wasn't the case.  I can literally make my geo filter as small as it can get and it makes no difference. YES filtering is on. YES I have selected the correct device. The ping value selected while in strict mode is also irrelevant (even when set to 0). NO fast search isn't on. 

I appreciate how active you guys on on the forums trying to help people but I have to say it's been a rough 5 to 7 years trying to make this software work.

• Administrators

Authentication servers have been allowed for many years, without them you wouldn't be able to play and we did this to prevent people blocking them by accident. Could you clarify please, it's getting you low ping games but you're saying it's not working? 

If you want higher ping servers all you need to do is change your location to somewhere else and force servers in that area.

When I say "I wouldn't mind having a higher ping (50+), but I am constantly matched with lobbies that are 10 to 20 ping and you can absolutely feel the difference. It is a significant disadvantage", I am suggesting that I could deal with the unfortunate 50+ ping games if the whole lobby was like that, but I typically have the worst ping in any lobby in any game mode. I average 50 to 70 and everyone else is averaging around 20. There are even usually a small percentage of people less than 10ms ping. I do NOT want higher ping. I want to use your software to incrementally weed out high ping matches. It does not work. I can set the geo filter to the smallest possible value (in strict mode with a ping of 0) and I constantly get dumped into high ping matches.

Regarding your comment about authentication servers, I'm not sure how many years back you are referring to. I do however remember a time frame for multiple games on PC where you could prove that your software worked by limiting your geo filter range to a point where you couldn't even matchmake at all. I'm not advocating that you allow us to block out authentication servers as they are an obvious necessity. I can understand why you would green light those servers for the majority of consumers (particularly newer users that could potentially block themselves out of games with the wrong configuration), but I no longer have any way to verify that your software does anything for me on any functional level. Your software plainly is NOT working. Even if you greenlight authentication servers, I should still be able to force the game to endlessly search for matches due to Duma OS blocking it from joining matches that are outside of my ping level and geo-filter level.