Question

Clinton92

Got a new modem today billion 7800nxl, and I must say big improvement from my last tp link one :)

Now im getting speeds of 11up 1 down on speed test. But when I set the cc sliders to 70 % both ways on the duma I only get around 5.80 up. Shouldn't I be getting around 8 Download as im only reserving 30% of my connection ? It would make sense if cc was set to 50%

I may be wrong with this but I just wanna make sure :)

Cheers

Hi, I could be wrong but I don't think the router determines your upload download speeds. That will be your ISP, the speeds you are paying for.

The Netduma does throttle your bandwidth, in your congestion control is where you put the speeds you are getting through a wired connection.

Have a look through the Wikipedia pages as there is an abundance of good info in there

7.7 is 70% of 11 , I am asuming the bandwidth is set correctly in the duma?

I used a billion 7800n before the duma came along , and its that good i still use it before the duma even though i do not need to in reality.

• Netduma Staff

is there any reason for this ?

If I remember right, someone else was seeing this problem in another thread and Iain said it was because the pre-emptive algorithm was 'conservative'.

Does this happen if you use reactive (I assume you were already using pre-emptive)? :)

thanks crossy if i use reactive its spot on. But i cant use it cause my pings are abit over the place when usin reactive. But im guessing it doesn't make a difference ? that my speed drops using pre-emptive 

• Netduma Staff

Yeah, if it is dropping lots then you can just set the percentage to 80% instead. Just as long as whatever you set it to, you have the equivalent to 70% of your actually bandwidth when you run a speed test :)

Archived