MW2 bypass GeoFilter

JoshTheLuz

Im trying to isolate the city of Santiago Chile, strict mode is enabled and ping assist is set to 0, i selected my xbox as the device and call of duty as the game.

It still find games around 100ms ping while santiago is 30ms from my location so im assuming the servers arent in santiago, im assuming because i cannot actually double check in geofilter since netduma doest ping any server.

First thing i tried was going to ping heatmap and see if netduma was able to ping the mw2 server located in santiago and the answer is NO, i remember there was a server there ive seen that 2 days ago and i played there in Vanguard and Warzone now ping heatmap doesnt ping any server in Chile, instead there still all the servers Ips in gray with N/A next them.

But even if the servers went off how is it possible that it actually finds a game outside the circle? 

WNO SERVERS IN SUD AMERICA

image.thumb.jpg.a679a6ff2029b56a221234dde3f42888.jpg

STRICT MODE ENABLED

image.thumb.jpg.b1322170f1e9a538eb8a204c2883f27c.jpg

AS YOU CAN SEE MY XBOX IS SET AS THE DEVICE

image.jpg

Update:

Worried that was netduma problem I used my windows pc as well connecting it through a vpn forcing Santiago then I Speedtest Santiago and double check if my latency was infact 30ms, and all Speedtest servers in Santiago showed 30ms, so I’m sure I’m literally 30ms from there, then opened mw2 pc version trying to search a game and instead of starting from 30ms it started from 100ms Ping. So I’m assuming they stopped the mw2 servers in Santiago 

But the question remains: even if they stopped the servers in Santiago why do I still find games outside Santiago if I forced Santiago with Geo-Filter? 

5 hours ago, JoshTheLuz said:

Update:

Worried that was netduma problem I used my windows pc as well connecting it through a vpn forcing Santiago then I Speedtest Santiago and double check if my latency was infact 30ms, and all Speedtest servers in Santiago showed 30ms, so I’m sure I’m literally 30ms from there, then opened mw2 pc version trying to search a game and instead of starting from 30ms it started from 100ms Ping. So I’m assuming they stopped the mw2 servers in Santiago 

But the question remains: even if they stopped the servers in Santiago why do I still find games outside Santiago if I forced Santiago with Geo-Filter? 

Are you running the VPN client on your PC? If so it's then going to be impossible for Geo-filter to detect 'Call of Duty' traffic and filter server. Disable the VPN and try again if that's the case.

14 hours ago, Netduma Liam said:

Are you running the VPN client on your PC? If so it's then going to be impossible for Geo-filter to detect 'Call of Duty' traffic and filter server. Disable the VPN and try again if that's the case.

yes but i wasnt connected to netduma i connected my pc directly to my main router i know the basics lol

If you meant this "But the question remains: even if they stopped the servers in Santiago why do I still find games outside Santiago if I forced Santiago with Geo-Filter? " is regarding my previous question: 

m trying to isolate the city of Santiago Chile, strict mode is enabled and ping assist is set to 0, i selected my xbox as the device and call of duty as the game.

It still find games around 100ms ping while santiago is 30ms from my location so im assuming the servers arent in santiago, im assuming because i cannot actually double check in geofilter since netduma doest ping any server.

First thing i tried was going to ping heatmap and see if netduma was able to ping the mw2 server located in santiago and the answer is NO, i remember there was a server there ive seen that 2 days ago and i played there in Vanguard and Warzone now ping heatmap doesnt ping any server in Chile, instead there still all the servers Ips in gray with N/A next them.

But even if the servers went off how is it possible that it actually finds a game outside the circle? 

15 hours ago, frnchkick said:

concerning the ping heatmap I also have some servers unavailable in Europe. Normally router should reject connection if out of area and strict mode

Exactly, is kinda broken. i reset my netduma and the problem still happening.

my theory is cod changed many servers, i tried to traceroute one of the grayed N/A ip addresses using the cmd command tracert and it showed * * * so im assuming is down cuz call of duty 

Ping heat map is just an indication of what pings are like in that area. it does nothing else! Just waiting on a cloud update. these pings are going to be simular to other cod games.

there are many factors why your ping is in the 100's.

When it is in the 100's where does geo filter say your connected to?

6 hours ago, RedBull2k said:

When it is in the 100's where does geo filter say your connected to?

Doesnt say anything doesnt autoping any server thats the problem netduma isnt capable of catching the servers im connected to.
You guys need an big cloud update

1 hour ago, JoshTheLuz said:

Doesnt say anything doesnt autoping any server thats the problem netduma isnt capable of catching the servers im connected to.
You guys need an big cloud update

Could you instead please try going to Device Manager and changing your PCs device type to Playstation.

Then, remove the old profile from Geo-filter and add a new one for the PC. When prompted to pick a service, select Choose Manually. Test that and see how it feels. Of course, make sure you're playing while only connected to the R2 and not to the modem, without the VPN client as well.

When you launch mw2 or any cod game by the time you get to the main menu of the game if you take a look at geo filter you will see that the game tests to see what locations are avaiable (if chille doesnt pop up on the geo filter then it is likerly, that location is down.), and in your case this is the ip address 66.203.113.63 this tells me that https://latitude.sh are your main server https://lg.latitude.sh/