R2 Failure

brother_x

Hello, Today my R2 restarted and it stayed in a loop when trying to restart, for a long time it remained as seen in the video and then I disconnected the electric power and nothing happened, after several attempts I managed to restart it, download a log so that  they can check, later After that it didn't work again, I had to take my R1 out of the trunk of memories. I tried to do a factory reset but it was impossible

log-1668044669119.txt

33 minutes ago, Netduma Liam said:

How exactly did you recover the R2 the first time? Unfortunately the logs appear to be captures shortly after it booted, so there isn't any record in there of any problems.

I pressed the factory reset button but it only worked once and that was when I downloaded the log, when I tried to do it again the R2 stayed in bridge mode, it only recognized the IP of the ISP modem.  After 1 hour trying to get the R2 up, I gave up.

When I bought it a week later the charger failed and now this...

2 hours ago, brother_x said:

I pressed the factory reset button but it only worked once and that was when I downloaded the log, when I tried to do it again the R2 stayed in bridge mode, it only recognized the IP of the ISP modem.  After 1 hour trying to get the R2 up, I gave up.

When I bought it a week later the charger failed and now this...

Could you please try setting a static IP in Windows with the following information:

IP address: 192.168.77.100
Subnet mask: 255.255.255.0
Default gateway: 192.168.77.1

If you're not sure how to do this, please follow this guide: https://kb.netgear.com/27476/How-do-I-set-a-static-IP-address-in-Windows

After that, reboot the R2 and see if you're able to access the interface.

7 hours ago, Netduma Liam said:

Could you please try setting a static IP in Windows with the following information:

IP address: 192.168.77.100
Subnet mask: 255.255.255.0
Default gateway: 192.168.77.1

If you're not sure how to do this, please follow this guide: https://kb.netgear.com/27476/How-do-I-set-a-static-IP-address-in-Windows

After that, reboot the R2 and see if you're able to access the interface.

Hello, this afternoon I reconnected the R2 and it worked again, I applied a factory reset, attached activity log. I hope this will not happen again. I did the factory reset with nothing connected, only the PC for initial configuration.

log-1668115803481.txt

24 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

No need to provide the log, it won't have any useful information in it, if it happens again let us know and we can enable remote logging

It happened again, I entered a loop...  Help!!!

15 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

s the router connected to a power extender or direct to a wall outlet? If an extender please try direct to a wall outlet and see if it stays up longer please

Hello Fraser, it is connected directly to the wall, now it works again.

9 hours ago, brother_x said:

Fraser, I updated it days after they released the update, since then I had no problems until yesterday. 

today I reloaded the last update later I did a factory reset and the problem persists

If you can get it up and running again, can you please go to Network Settings -> WAN -> Enable remote access to tech support.

Then, post here from a device connected to the R2 and I'll try to manually re-flash your router and stop this problem happening again.

1 hour ago, Netduma Liam said:

If you can get it up and running again, can you please go to Network Settings -> WAN -> Enable remote access to tech support.

Then, post here from a device connected to the R2 and I'll try to manually re-flash your router and stop this problem happening again.

Hello, I downgraded to version 3.0.394 and so far I haven't had any problems.

I've enabled remote support so you guys can take a look at it.

2 hours ago, brother_x said:

Hello, I downgraded to version 3.0.394 and so far I haven't had any problems.

I've enabled remote support so you guys can take a look at it.

OK, if it's stable then I won't mess with it, though it would be much better if you could now factory reset it, then upgrade to 3.2.453. It's a big improvement over the firmware you're on now.

2 hours ago, Netduma Liam said:

OK, if it's stable then I won't mess with it, though it would be much better if you could now factory reset it, then upgrade to 3.2.453. It's a big improvement over the firmware you're on now.

Hi Liam, I did the above steps today, did a factory reset, then updated to version 3.2.453 and then did another  factory reset again, now it works normally, hope the problem doesn't come back.