Issues with LAN connectivity between devices, some appearing offline and DHCP all over the place

Ufinexa

Hello, I had emailed you guys before in regard to whether my application of this router and an access point would work, and it did seem to! But I have come across some pretty bad issues which are hindering me from getting to my final goal with this router.

I set up what I could and got the range that I wanted for the access point. I then tried to plug a PC into the Netduma through LAN so I could run ubuntu server and start a docker container which could be accessible across the whole house. When I plugged the PC in, it caused the LAN on the router to entirely shut out, some occasions it would even drop the Wi-Fi. I would have to manually add static information just to get back to the netduma menu and see what I could do to get it back online whether it was removing the machine from the network or resetting. I have factory reset the router an ungodly number of times, Reinstalled firmware but seem to be getting back to that same issue. Closest I have gotten is where I did get the machine to connect once, but then the docker container would not work at all, only a basic apache2 server would, and when trying a different method, it would just loop back to destroying any connectivity with the router again.

I have gotten to a point where I have manually added my PC's reservations to get online as DHCP doesn't seem to want to allocate them properly at all, But Wi-Fi seems to be working okay with most wireless devices. Even though the PC's are online however, any attempt at making a server where it be a docker container or even a Minecraft one to test, will bring no response from any of them, being timeouts or page errors. I am at a complete loss as to where to continue really!

The mapping I have of everything goes:
Virgin Media (In modem mode) -> NetDuma R2, and plugged in by one of the LAN's is -> TP Link router in AP mode to bring wireless signal downstairs. I have 2 PC's connected via LAN, several wireless devices and two wireless repeaters.

Hope you guys can be of any assistance, much appreciated!

Small Edit: Thought I would let you guys know that I tried to sign up to these forums using my gmail account and it would not send me the verification email at all, on outlook however I got the email instantly, might be something wonky with gmail but thought you should know!

Are you able to get to the DumaOS interface from other devices on the network? Is it just the Ubuntu machine that seems to be causing these problems?

When the connection drops, are you able to access the interface at that time from another device?

Can you quickly clarify which firmware version the R2 is running at the moment?

So I have since been able to get it wirelessly, and only able to get it manually through LAN machines. DHCP seems to not like me trying to obtain the IP's automatically so I have had to add them static. Even though adding them static works, I then still can't create any servers that can connect between eachother at all.

I am using the latest firmware for the R2!

That's interesting, are you able to access the DumaOS interface from another device when you plug in the Ubuntu machine and it drops the connection? If so, could you replicate the issue, then go to System Information -> Logs -> Click the submenu in Logs and download the log file, then send them over to us?

If you can't, we may need to instead enable some remote logging on your R2 so we can see the logs even after the power has gone.

So I decided to do a quick factory reset so I could get a fresh start and replicate the problem, DHCP now seems to be behaving on both machines? And I managed to get a test minecraft server working, but I still cannot get the docker image to load at all. Very wacky but at least we are getting somewhere! I have sent a log anyway since doing that and up to this point incase there is anything odd with it that needs to be tweaked.

edit: It also shows the machine as being offline, not sure if that is a cause for concern but the minecraft server is still running so I assume it's a visual thing

log-1667835700801.txt

Disabled port scan and syn flood and container is still not loading

Edit: I have managed to kind of sort my own problem by installing the same software i need running as an NPM package and it works just fine. But I assume I still have problems with docker containers. I can keep looking inregards to other containers tomorrow morning and apply a second edit here if it's multiple containers not working :)