Need Help Please

SlickestJoey

I just got a Netduma R2 and I've had a horrible time trying to get this thing to work. I think I've read every forum on this website already and still had no luck. At first the router was working but when I tried to the on DumaOS it asked me for the username and password and (Username: admin Password: password) was not working for me, I could not get in so i did the hard reset with a paperclip and that just made all kinds of new problems. For hours i could not even connect to the R2's network until i finally found the forum about splitting up the password numbers in groups of 3 and that actually worked. I finally thought I figured it out but now i am having the issue of connectivity. I can connect to the network but the network has no wifi connection. Nothing will load including DumaOS so i am SOL at this point. I dont have a laptop with an ethernet port so i cant try that but i do have it plugged into my xbox and it is not showing any signs of life on there either. 

8 hours ago, SlickestJoey said:

I just got a Netduma R2 and I've had a horrible time trying to get this thing to work. I think I've read every forum on this website already and still had no luck. At first the router was working but when I tried to the on DumaOS it asked me for the username and password and (Username: admin Password: password) was not working for me, I could not get in so i did the hard reset with a paperclip and that just made all kinds of new problems. For hours i could not even connect to the R2's network until i finally found the forum about splitting up the password numbers in groups of 3 and that actually worked. I finally thought I figured it out but now i am having the issue of connectivity. I can connect to the network but the network has no wifi connection. Nothing will load including DumaOS so i am SOL at this point. I dont have a laptop with an ethernet port so i cant try that but i do have it plugged into my xbox and it is not showing any signs of life on there either. 

Welcome to the forum!

The credentials to login will be whatever you set them to when you first purchased the router and set it up, so if that's not admin/password you wouldn't of been able to get in.

So the current situation is that you're connected via Wi-Fi, but don't have connectivity?

Now you're on the Wi-Fi, you should be able to access the DumaOS interface by going to 192.168.77.1 in your browser, if you've reset it like you mention you'll need to complete the setup wizard again to get internet access.

Based on the bug you mention with the Wi-Fi password, I suspect you're on a very old firmware. If you can get through to the interface after following the above step, I'd suggest upgrading the R2 from the 3-dot menu in the top right to the below firmware:

Hi sorry for the late response. I was out of town for the weekend so I couldn’t mess with it. So my current issue is that once I get connected to the WiFi. I go to  192.168.77.1 it will disconnect. If I sit and wait on it I will then get this screen where I cannot click anything it’s just text. What should I do now? 

image.jpg

11 hours ago, SlickestJoey said:

Nope I tried it on my iPhone on Google chrome. Pulled up the same screen where it’s just text. 

Could you try hitting F12 in Chrome, then in the console that appears go to the Network Tab and click 'Disable cache'. Then refresh the page, can you at least click the text 'Agree' to progress through the setup?

Just tried this and same outcome. I made sure to clear cache and everything before hand and I tried it on chrome and Firefox. No luck. I mentioned this earlier but I just think it’s very odd, when I’m not doing anything on my computer the 3 lights on the left side of the router flicker like the connection is going through them. But as soon as I try to load DumaOS on my computer the second light from the left will turn off for a couple seconds and then come back on and once it’s back on then the 3rd and 4th will both just turn off for probably 20 seconds and then come back on and then the page with text will load. Hopefully this is helpful information for you guys. 

32 minutes ago, SlickestJoey said:

Just tried this and no luck. The reset appears to work fine after I let go after 30 seconds the lights turn off and then come back on. But same result. 

OK, I think it'd be best for us to get a replacement sent out to you. Can you send an email over to [email protected] with your original order number and delivery address?