Ethernet Router Not Wifi

SadlySorry

Which router that you guys sell has Ethernet support not only wifi? I think I read that the duma r2 is wifi only so which one should I get if I want to use Ethernet cable

Edited by SadlySorry

Oh okay awesome so what’s the difference between the r2 and the duma series routers ? I seen some on Amazon but now that I know the r2 support Ethernet I’ll get that one but I still would like to know the differences incase I wanna get a different one 

• Administrators
58 minutes ago, SadlySorry said:

Oh okay awesome so what’s the difference between the r2 and the duma series routers ? I seen some on Amazon but now that I know the r2 support Ethernet I’ll get that one but I still would like to know the differences incase I wanna get a different one 

So the R2 is our own hardware with DumaOS on, this means we have a lot more freedom in terms of development which means faster updates and generally newer features come to the R2 first. The XR Range by Netgear is their hardware with DumaOS on, they have better hardware specs than the R2 and so have better WiFi for example.

We usually recommend that if you care more about software then the R2 is the way to go, if you care more about hardware then the XR is for you. Either way we support all the platforms that DumaOS is on, so whichever you end up getting we can help if you have any questions or issues.

Okay so I’ll just say this, I have cox communications and not sure if you know but they are literally trash, I wanna get one of the routers to make the packet loss and congestion better for like better hit reg and stuff, which one do you think I should get for since I have cox? I’ll be getting fiber soon but this is what I have to deal with for the moment, wondering which router I should shoot for that will make my trash internet overal better. I just really want lower ping and better hit reg tbh

So if your line has problems, you'd need to speak to you ISP about this, there's not much a router can do about that.

If your ping issues are due to your current ISP router/modem handling the traffic poorly or there's lots of other traffic on your network such as downloads/netflix streams etc, the R2 can fix this for you.