Hybrid vpn problem

Hi i have a nighthawk xr500 on latest firmware I have been using hybrid vpn with surf shark for about 6 months which has worked really well but all of a sudden without changing anything whenever I try change my location and hit connect it says connected but the settings if I go into add service again are still there they used to disappear after I entered them and it connected correctly. Sometimes it doesn’t even change my location. I use surf shark vpn and download there file open it in notepad and copy and paste and remove space at the bottom which has always worked without any issues. I haven’t tried any other vpns and am unsure if it’s there open vpn tcp file. I play call of duty and if I change my location it gets stuck on one I put in about a week ago and won’t change. I have my Xbox added to vpn and is greyed out so all traffic is sent to it never had issues this way before.  Just wanted to see if anyone could help before I factory reset my modem. Thank you 

Welcome to the forum!

So previously, when you would enter a new config file, it would remove the services you've added. Now, they are not removed. Is that correct?

Do they still work after you change location?

How are you checking your location? If you're using a web browser, make sure you use an incognito/private window as these kind of pages get cached by the browser.

Hi and thank you for replying really appreciate it. So when it was working I would copy and paste the config file into open vpn on duma OS and after I press connect it would close window and if I went back into vpn setup all the settings would be gone which is how it was working. But now if I put in a new config file with a different location and press connect the window closes and go back into vpn setup the config is still there like it hasn’t gone through properly. 
I did use incognito on browser and it does change my location to country set in my vpn but if I go onto call of duty and check location it’s stuck on ashburn Virginia which I set about a week or two ago. 
i did notice if I use a ip location it shows my location as what I set my vpn to but I did find a website that told me it was in Ghana which I set it to but also showed me an ip for ashburn Virginia like it’s going through both. 

1 hour ago, Braderz said:

Hi and thank you for replying really appreciate it. So when it was working I would copy and paste the config file into open vpn on duma OS and after I press connect it would close window and if I went back into vpn setup all the settings would be gone which is how it was working. But now if I put in a new config file with a different location and press connect the window closes and go back into vpn setup the config is still there like it hasn’t gone through properly. 
I did use incognito on browser and it does change my location to country set in my vpn but if I go onto call of duty and check location it’s stuck on ashburn Virginia which I set about a week or two ago. 
i did notice if I use a ip location it shows my location as what I set my vpn to but I did find a website that told me it was in Ghana which I set it to but also showed me an ip for ashburn Virginia like it’s going through both. 

Can you please try disabling IPv6 on the XR500, then reboot the console and see what it says after that? You can do this from Settings -> Advanced Settings -> IPv6.

1 hour ago, Braderz said:

IPv6 is already disabled as I didn’t think surf shark supported it 

OK cool thanks for checking.

So when you connect to a game on the Xbox, can you check Geo-filter and see where it's showing the server to be? And what ping are you getting to that server?

It’s not even letting me connect to a game anymore just says internet connection needed to play even though I’m connected to the internet. I got fed up and tried a factory reset but still got the same issue. I have tried to change my dns settings to surfshark to see if that would help but it hasn’t. In the logs on the hybrid vpn side it says dhcp error. 

11 hours ago, Braderz said:

It’s not even letting me connect to a game anymore just says internet connection needed to play even though I’m connected to the internet. I got fed up and tried a factory reset but still got the same issue. I have tried to change my dns settings to surfshark to see if that would help but it hasn’t. In the logs on the hybrid vpn side it says dhcp error. 

Interesting, OK can you provide us with those logs so we can take a look? Does it still show as 'Connected' in HybridVPN?