Test bufferbloat

Hello,

I would like to know the control protocol during the bufferbloat tests of your qos... indeed I have an A+ for the speed and the Ping, but letter D of the Ping under load... which protocol is used? ICMP, TCP or others, I would like to understand why I have a letter D and especially to regulate that... who can help me and inform me ?

• Administrators

Ping Under Load means what your ping will be when your connection is completely saturated - when you have Congestion, so it indicates that you need to adjust Congestion Control to get those values done closer to what Ping Test shows.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you ... unfortunately no setting allows me to reduce or remove this saturated latency! It's impossible for me to play in real time, I have so much delay that it's not worth playing... it's abused ! It concerns all the games unfortunately!

I have scrupulously followed your configuration according to your tutorials... what parameters are you interested in checking? I tested with the 3 routers: R1, R2, XR500, and the 3 are updated!

• Administrators

It's always worth checking, sometimes there is an option here or there someone hasn't changed that can make all the difference.

What is the model of the modem/router the XR is connected to? Are ALL devices connected to the XR?

So to be sure that I will not have any problem in my network, I have the ISP router model zyxel xmg3927-b50A in bridge mode and behind the xr500 with a pppoe connection. The wifi is disabled, only the pc and the game console are connected to the XR500.

• Administrators

Put the Zyxel in router mode, have it handle PPPoE, then disable PPPoE on the XR, copy the WAN IP from the System Information page and put that in the DMZ on the Zyxel. Then connect ALL your devices to the XR and it will be better after that.

Excusez-moi je n'ai pas tout développé ! Ce que vous me proposez, je l'ai fait et ça ne change rien (routeur ISP pppoe et DMZ , xr500 dhcp, 1 pc, 1 console de jeu)

My problem is elsewhere , I used a router on an OpenWrt base and I removed the bufferbloat . Jitter 0,5 ms Ping in load 15 ms.. and I still can't play online :(... I play in the past I liked in the present in real time... delay delay delay... I don't understand anything, it's not logical to correct this latency and not to see any difference in the gaming... unfortunately my problem is either in the copper line ( corrosion ?, resistance ? Either a peering problem), maybe the outward traceroute and the return traceroute is not the same ?. thank you for your help !

1ED3CA0A-40BD-47BB-98B1-A2C37B9DCB34.jpeg

No I didn't find or solve the problem! ISP has checked the copper line and everything is within tolerance. I don't know if it can cause this delay... How do you explain that by removing the bufferbloat I don't see any difference when playing?

The Ping in the Duma during a game on a server displays 16 ms, if I recover IP and I do a traceroute I also find 16 ms and when the games allow it I also see 16 ms in the game ... unfortunately while playing I have a responsiveness with a feeling 500 ms .

Intéressant mais ce n'est pas logique. J'ai été obligé de jouer sur le serveur USA... (100 ms) devinez quoi ? J'ai la même latence que si je jouais en Europe sur un serveur avec 8 ms.

Edited by bitz
Oubli

What I want to explain is that I play on remote server 100 ms (usa) in Europe with 30-40 ms or on the game server near me 8 ms ... make absolutely no difference, common point? Exactly the same delay, the same latency ... too strange!

I have tested different schedules, unfortunately none of them brings a gain... the congestion seems permanent but I don't know the source to remove or mitigate it! Is it possible that in my neighborhood, there would be a subscriber who has a bad connection that could disrupt my line?

• Administrators

If it happens with any router and if it happens when only you are using the internet then it will be something outside your home, the line from your home to cabinet, the routing the ISP uses etc and if they've found no issues there isn't much you can do apart from switching provider but it wouldn't be a guarantee.

Yes exactly, that internet, that games and that game console only ... it is not at home I agree. Central cabinet and routing is surely that. I changed ISP 3 times... but the main ISP is renting the line to the other ISP... is that logical ? New ISP but same line, same problem ?  In this case I have no way out... the line has been checked and according to the ISP everything is in order.