Speed drops

JimDuff

hey, i would check around see if there are any splitters etc if so call ur isp to remove them, they cause increase in latency and reduced speeds most of which are inconsistent. another thing you can do is turn off ad blocker, i've noticed that can reduce speeds as well as checking to make sure your router isn't reserving too much bandwidth, you can check this by going to qos and looking at the sliders.

• Administrators

Could you put your hub in router mode and put the R2 WAN IP (found on the System Information page) into the DMZ on your hub instead? I find some implementations of bridge mode don't work as well, then see if it stops dropping your speed.

44 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Could you put your hub in router mode and put the R2 WAN IP (found on the System Information page) into the DMZ on your hub instead? I find some implementations of bridge mode don't work as well, then see if it stops dropping your speed.

Yeah I've only had this trouble since using the Hub 2 bridge mode. It was fine on the Hub 1 in router mode. I will try this.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/10/2022 at 8:19 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

Hi, unfortunately I’m still getting the same issue even after making the changes.

1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Is it happening just as frequently or has it been reduced? Could you provide a screenshot of your QoS page please?

Just as frequent now. 

I will screenshot QoS tomorrow as I has to disconnect and just use the Hub as router. What did you want to see on there?

14 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

And Bandwidth Allocation? Do you have Share Excess disabled for that?

It is enabled. But I haven't been gaming for weeks so I don't think the congestion control has ever been on

image.png.3dab2f464af0bf8e626c4ba3cab4a721.png

10 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

If you have multiple devices using the internet you would still benefit by preventing them from causing congestion, you could notice buffering when watching videos/streams otherwise for example

Okay. So should I set it to always or auto?