Netduma r2 in UAE, Shipping and does it work ?

KeReFiS

Hello, 

I'm thinking of buying Netduma r2 for the upcoming MW2; just got two concerns: 

1- the mentioned shipping time is 2 days as per the order, is it actually two days?

2- Do you have customers bought to be used in UAE? I mean it will be working full features?

Thanks in advance and keep up the good works! :) 

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

1. It is two working days shipping, for example if you order on a Friday before ~2pm GMT time it will be shipped on that day but you likely wouldn't receive it until Tuesday. If you ordered after the cut off time on Friday it would ship on Monday and then likely would receive it on Wednesday so when you order will determine how quickly you get it. 
    If you ordered now, it would ship on Tuesday and then should arrive for you this week.
  2. Yes we have many customers who have bought in UAE, all the features work for that region.

Hey, 

I have received the R2, thanks for the quick service, really appreciate it.

I have asked the ISP technician to come and set it up for me, and he said VLAN is needed for making this as the main router, could anyone please help me with this issue, or any UAE users can help to install the R2 as the main router, please?

if there is no way it would very disappointing, Plan B will be to install it as a bridge; can someone help me with this please? 

Appreciate the help again and thanks. 

Thanks for help. 

downloaded the update 3.2.5 and found vlan id and now it's working! the thing is, I have 750mbps internet speed from ISP which reaches 900 Mbps on ookla internet speed. 

Now after R2 installation, the max speed I'm getting is 92 Mpbs in both ookla and the connection benchmark, any tips to speed that up or is there a best configuration for a dumaos noob like me!

Thanks in advance!

• Administrators

You need to set the router to the speeds you have, you also haven't disabled QoS either, click the menu :menu icon on the Congestion Control panel, click set bandwidth speeds and put the speeds you expect. Then do a speed test, if it's still lower then on the same menu click disable QoS and try again.

• Administrators

Okay that explains it, two of the ethernet cables you're using are limited to 100Mbps so you won't be able to get higher than that until you change them to cables that can support 1000Mbps so that is Cat5e or higher

I just replaced the cat6 to the new cat7 cables connecting from ISP fibreoptic device to the R2 and after running ookla speed test.. still the same 90Mbps instead of 750Mbps with the same readings as above for the conecction meter is reading 100mbps ! 

please refer to Mubarak Thread, I believe I'm facing the same issue. 

12 hours ago, KeReFiS said:

Done!

Ill be waiting for the support 

Thanks for your patience, I've opened a ticket with a developer and we'll get them to remote in and take a look.

Something else to check in the mean time, could you please disconnect the WAN cable from both the Blue port on the R2 and the modem.
Then disconnect one of the LAN cables from one of the yellow ports and the device it's connected to.
Then take the cable you disconnect from a LAN port, plug it into the Blue WAN port and plug the other end into the LAN port on the modem.
Take the cable that was the WAN cable and connect it to one of the yellow LAN ports on the R2, connect the other end to your PC.

So essentially what we've done here is swap the two cables around. After this, send us another screenshot of the device manager table again.