Netduma R2 password does not work, neither does factory reset. Please help!

Benege

Hi,

I have a Netduma R2 connected to a BT smart hub, I use it with an Xbox Serie X. I cant get it working. It did previously but I stopped using it for a few months now the password and IP do not work. 

I have tried plugging it into my mac to get direct access and no luck.

Can anyone help me please?

Kind regards,

Ben :)

Hey,

Thanks so getting back to me!! :)

it started when i plugged the router back in yesterday (after a few months not using it).

i cant access the interface atm. the password says invalid password when i try to connect to wifi and nothing happens when i plug in direct.

kind regrads Ben

7 minutes ago, Benege said:

Hey,

Thanks so getting back to me!! :)

it started when i plugged the router back in yesterday (after a few months not using it).

i cant access the interface atm. the password says invalid password when i try to connect to wifi and nothing happens when i plug in direct.

kind regrads Ben

Also tried:

- Factory reset

- New password with the last digits changed

- connecting via cable with my mac

- xbox internet browser

- IP

• Administrators

What do you mean nothing happens when you plug in direct - what does it show when trying to access? Unplug the router from power for 10 minutes, plug in, wait 2 minutes then hold reset for 30 seconds, release, wait 2 minutes then attempt access again please

1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

When did this start to occur? What happens exactly when you access the interface?

Is there anything I need to share with you? Pretty lost with this stuff. Cheers

1 minute ago, Netduma Fraser said:

What do you mean nothing happens when you plug in direct - what does it show when trying to access? Unplug the router from power for 10 minutes, plug in, wait 2 minutes then hold reset for 30 seconds, release, wait 2 minutes then attempt access again please

Will try, thanks.

I read somewhere that I could access the R2 offline and if I plug my Mac in via ether net into one of the ports but nothing shows up on my Mac. So I can’t access dumaos 

18 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

That didn’t work unfortunately. When I try to connect via Wi-Fi, it doesn’t connect and the password doesn’t work.

• Administrators

Don't use WiFi, just use ethernet during troubleshooting for the moment, what do you physically see after putting http://192.168.77.1 into your web browser? Also please try another browser as Safari forces HTTPS which won't work well with the interface.

19 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Don't use WiFi, just use ethernet during troubleshooting for the moment, what do you physically see after putting http://192.168.77.1 into your web browser? Also please try another browser as Safari forces HTTPS which won't work well with the interface.

Will try this now. Cheers

do I plug the Ethernet cable into the “internet” slot or the ones that say 1 2 3 4?

19 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Just get this - BC1E6DE0-EC6C-44A0-A7AE-7639A58B481F.thumb.jpeg.c2d0d7552c40c1f202a0b761384a120d.jpeg

6 minutes ago, Benege said:

I tried again and got in!!! Now I get thisAB026EC3-6F99-4982-8DA8-13FCDD1A09B6.thumb.jpeg.a469cb15bb20e212b2de45cd7a90a123.jpeg

Got in! And managed to reset the Wi-Fi password!! 

thanks a lot for you help, I appreciate it. 

now I need to figure out how to get Nordvpn working haha

21 minutes ago, Benege said:

Got in! And managed to reset the Wi-Fi password!! 

thanks a lot for you help, I appreciate it. 

now I need to figure out how to get Nordvpn working haha

Nice work! For Hybrid VPN I'd suggest starting here:

https://support.netduma.com/support/solutions/articles/16000087492--dumaos-optimal-settings-guide-hybrid-vpn

Do let us know if you have any issues.

23 hours ago, Netduma Liam said:

Nice work! For Hybrid VPN I'd suggest starting here:

https://support.netduma.com/support/solutions/articles/16000087492--dumaos-optimal-settings-guide-hybrid-vpn

Do let us know if you have any issues.

Thanks for your help previously!

I have another query and would be grateful for any help!

I can connect my Xbox to my duma R2 via wifi and it works well... However when I try to hardwire via LAN its doesn't work. Any ideas?

Cheers! Ben

1 hour ago, Benege said:

Thanks for your help previously!

I have another query and would be grateful for any help!

I can connect my Xbox to my duma R2 via wifi and it works well... However when I try to hardwire via LAN its doesn't work. Any ideas?

Cheers! Ben

I'm not too familiar with the process on an Xbox, but you may need to go to your Network Settings on the Xbox and set it up again through there. I know you need to do this on PlayStation. Try that and let us know if it's working for you!