just wow

Comp0za

It has been almost 1 year since the announcement about firmware update progress should go faster. I just realised that the announcement was purily bullsh#t and the DumaOS firmware progress homepage is just a distraction. Still the firmware progress is just as slow as before the announcement. Just wow. Still no firmware update for my XR500. Great job DumaOS developers! 👍

• Administrators

I appreciate it's not been as fast as you would have liked so far, on our end builds are being made much faster, right now we're waiting on Netgear for a build and that can take a while. The firmware progress page was brought about after people wanting more transparency on what is happening, so they can see at a glance without asking frequently.

Is there an issue you're having that you're waiting for to be resolved?

2 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

I appreciate it's not been as fast as you would have liked so far, on our end builds are being made much faster, right now we're waiting on Netgear for a build and that can take a while. The firmware progress page was brought about after people wanting more transparency on what is happening, so they can see at a glance without asking frequently.

Is there an issue you're having that you're waiting for to be resolved?

why are you guys so dependent on Netgear? I know XR500 router is made by Netgear, but if they are using your firmware, why not let you guys to do the work indepently? Feels like Netgear is always delaying the time. And I'm not having an issue by the way, it's just I have been waiting for months to get hands on DumaOS 3.2 and still not.

This one has primarily been delayed due to a bug present on previous firmware that we caught in our testing here. It's to do with factory resetting so it's pretty critical it's fixed before any release can take place. NETGEAR have their own process for building firmware, which as you can imagine is pretty locked down and not something we can just do ourselves.

We appreciate it's frustrating for all involved, we're doing our best.