XSX QoS Tagging

K0NSPIRACY

I haven’t played Xbox for ages but having just updated to latest R2 DumaOS, I’m now seeing “QoS Tagging Settings” in XSX Network Settings.

Do I need to do anything with these tags, what do they do and would they provide any benefit? The options are DSCP or WMM Tagging.

Edit: after a quick Google, it sounds like these options are similar to QoS on R2, so I’m presuming it’s best to use one or the other rather than both…or neither?

8 hours ago, K0NSPIRACY said:

I haven’t played Xbox for ages but having just updated to latest R2 DumaOS, I’m now seeing “QoS Tagging Settings” in XSX Network Settings.

Do I need to do anything with these tags, what do they do and would they provide any benefit? The options are DSCP or WMM Tagging.

Edit: after a quick Google, it sounds like these options are similar to QoS on R2, so I’m presuming it’s best to use one or the other rather than both…or neither?

You can enable them if you want, they essentially append a priority tag to the traffic which may or may not be recognised upstream. There's a lot of other factors involved and I don't know exactly what else they've done so it's hard to say whether they make a difference. It won't make as big a difference as DumaOS' QoS as it simply doesn't have the same level of control, so keep that enabled regardless.