Other devices won't pick up router

purpleandgold33

• Administrators

Disable mirror mode in WiFi settings, give 2.4/5GHz different names, save, reboot, wait 2 minutes, then see if the Roku can see and detect 2.4GHz to connect to. Sometimes with devices like that they specifically connect to 2.4GHz

14 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Disable mirror mode in WiFi settings, give 2.4/5GHz different names, save, reboot, wait 2 minutes, then see if the Roku can see and detect 2.4GHz to connect to. Sometimes with devices like that they specifically connect to 2.4GHz

Hey Frazer thanks for the quick reply! It worked but only the 2.4ghz is available for connection. Why wont the 5ghz show up? It seems slower. 

6 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Did you make sure to give them both a different name? No need to disable 2.4GHz, 2.4 is slower but has further penetration of walls, obstacles etc and 5GHz should be used for speed.

yep I gave them a different name. Then I disabled 2.4? Its still not showing up on tv though. Do I need to reboot router then reboot roku? 

9 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Just disable mirror mode, so 2.4/5GHz should still be enabled individually, do you see both networks on your phone for example? If yes then reboot the router then the roku.

Yeah I see both networks on my phone and my laptop but not tv's/roku. 

13 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Could you try enabling the guest WiFi for 2.4GHz on the router and see if those devices pick it up?

That worked!! Thanks again! Yo, btw glad yall came out with an R2 loved the R1 in its day. I had the XR500 but it quit on me. Anyways I played a couple games with it (Warzone) Loved the connection. Seemed way more crisp with the basic settings! Thanks again!

• Administrators
16 minutes ago, purpleandgold33 said:

That worked!! Thanks again! Yo, btw glad yall came out with an R2 loved the R1 in its day. I had the XR500 but it quit on me. Anyways I played a couple games with it (Warzone) Loved the connection. Seemed way more crisp with the basic settings! Thanks again!

Great to hear that! Glad you're enjoying the router, you're very welcome! Anything else just let us know!