Diagnose slow wifi speed, downloaded v3.0.123 and now password doesn't work. Can't connect to wifi now.

Koozoe

Hello,

I was diagnosing why my router is not getting the full internet speed and I followed an article's step by step in the forum, but it still did not work. So, what I did next was download the v3.0.123 in hopes of resetting the router after downloading the latest firmware, but now the password on the router is not working. 

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

Are you able to access the interface via ethernet instead to then change the password/complete the upgrade? If you don't have that option, try the password conversion method here: https://support.netduma.com/en/support/solutions/articles/16000117883-i-ve-received-the-r2-but-the-wifi-password-doesn-t-work

• Administrators

No it works on your phone as well though it is best generally to setup via a PC. Your best bet then if the original password isn't working is to do a factory reset, hold for 30 seconds, release, wait 2 minutes then try to connect with the original password and complete the setup.

I've reset the router multiple times to no avail. I've tried the password conversion on my iPhone, but the password gets deleted. I just tried it on another laptop, but it didn't work. 

9 hours ago, Koozoe said:

Hey Liam, 

The password did not work. 

OK, in that case the next best thing you can do would be to use the method titled Connecting the R2 Upstream of your ISP router (Medium) in the link we sent you earlier:

https://support.netduma.com/support/solutions/articles/16000117883-i-ve-received-my-new-netduma-r2-but-the-wifi-password-doesn-t-work