FIFA 23 Ping heatmap and autoping not showing correct ping

Hi 

I’m using Duma OS on Xr1000 and I live on west coast of Australia. Game servers are usually on the east coast (Sydney). When I use heat map for most games I get a ping of 47. Example below is for Fortnite:

D60B330A-DB13-4741-B7FC-375EEF35B333.thumb.png.f7a581b7fb4ef3cacfa624bdf847649b.png

However, for FIFA 23 the ping comes back at 230. This does not match my game experience as the game itself tells me my ping is 47. But I’m just wondering what might be happening. 230 seems to be the same as  who I get to the USA. 
E001E0EC-D295-462F-ACAB-47B2E760D7D7.thumb.png.7a9e87c040bdb417ec6cde1d2b7ccf6d.png
Also with FIFA when I monitor the auto ping  during a game from the geo-filter the ping is usually displayed at 2-4ms, which I believe is my ping to the ISP not the game server. This is only an issue with FIFA and not other games. Any ideas why? 

• Administrators

That will be a mislocated server most likely, I'll get onto the team to correct that and locate the Aus server to be put there. 

It is unlikely your ping is that low to the game server, it may be that we can't ping the game server properly (some servers refuse a ping) in which case it will show the ping to the furthest hop to the server it can get to. I'll speak with the team about it, given it came out on Friday we won't have had much time to test so this will all improve once we get some time with the game.

• 4 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Vinibretz said:

Hello how are you?

The same is happening here with FIFA 23 servers in Brazil.

See, the São Paulo server is getting a ping above 130. In the game, my ping is 16 or 18.

That would suggest that Ping Heatmap is showing a different server to the one that you're connected to. We'll be doing a Ping Heatmap update later today which should update it so hopefully you'll be able to see the actual server you're playing on later.

• Administrators

Just spoken with the team, there was an issue updating it which they'll be able to rectify on Monday. The server wouldn't ping if you added the IP manually but you can still try to connect to it using the Geo-Filter.