How to block social media app on a phone?

Irving Rodriguez

Hi I have been doing some test in the traffic controller blocking social media, gaming and livestream and I am still  able to access to facebook, tiktok and youtube on my phone with the apps, it seems the only one that is blocked is twitter, is there any way to block this apps? 

btw it looks the router is just blocking this websites from a browser not the apps

6 hours ago, Irving Rodriguez said:

Hi I have been doing some test in the traffic controller blocking social media, gaming and livestream and I am still  able to access to facebook, tiktok and youtube on my phone with the apps, it seems the only one that is blocked is twitter, is there any way to block this apps? 

btw it looks the router is just blocking this websites from a browser not the apps

I believe that's expected at this stage, the requests made by the app look quite different to those from a browser. That being said, with the upcoming improvements to our DPI system, we should be able to classify these services much more accurately, so hopefully this would be something we could also use to improve traffic controller and block apps.