issue with netduma R2

Ryanw

I am not sure where to post this. however, i am having issues with the netduma R2 router., it wont connect to my internet ISP modem, so now i am not sure what to do. i am not sure if a new version came out. nor do i now know how to check for what version this one is at with it being offline. i may need a replacement router though. but I know some troubleshooting will need to be done before that determination happens. I am very hopeful this can be fixed with your help and i wont need a replacement! as that is my last resort.

Thank you

Ryan

• Administrators

I'd first suggest rebooting the modem, waiting 2 minutes, then rebooting the R2, waiting 2 minutes and then seeing if you have internet - sometimes you need to boot in a certain order to get internet up and running. Do you have access to the interface while the internet is down?

Do i need to unplug my router form my modem or can it all be hooked up? because i did try all that at first notice of it being messed up. but i can try it again... also no i do not have access to dumasOS while it is offline. is there a way for me to get access?

• Administrators

It should be hooked up in order to work correctly. It doesn't require internet to access as it is a local device, you should get access using 192.168.77.1 in the web browser but if not while connected to the router via a Windows PC, open command prompt, type ipconfig press enter and then post a screenshot of the results here please.

• Administrators

It looks like it's acting like a switch so it will need to be reset to start working again. Unplug the router from power for 10 minutes, plug in, wait 2 minutes, hold the reset button for 30 seconds and release, wait 2 minutes then see if you can access the interface

9 hours ago, Ryanw said:

ok i did that step by step with timers... still nothing... site can't be reached. the router still has no change as well. still wont connect to the internet.

Can you unplug ALL cables from the R2, then leave it for 15 minutes.

After that, connect only the power cable and wait another 5 minutes.

Then, connect one Ethernet cable from your PC to one of the R2 LAN ports.

On that device, try going to 192.168.77.1 in your web browser and see if you can access the interface.

• Administrators

Set a static IP on the PC with the following details

IP address: 192.168.77.100

Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0

Default gateway: 192.168.77.1

DNS: 192.168.77.1

If you're not sure how to do this, you can check this guide: https://kb.netgear.com/27476/How-do-I-set-a-static-IP-address-in-Windows then try accessing 192.168.77.1 please and see if it works.

14 hours ago, Ryanw said:

ok sir, i just did that. and still cant reach the IP site. now that i did that, do i have to undo it so my system works? or what do i do?

OK, I think the best thing to do here would be to proceed with a replacement then.

Could you please send an email over to [email protected] with your original order number and delivery address? 

Yeah you can revert the static IP you set now as well.

Alright, yes sir i will get that over in a few min here. I am going to send you a private message to do so. Also can when this one gets back to you, can you let me know the results of why it stopped working? I would be very curious to find out what had happened.

Thank you,

Ryan

• Administrators
7 minutes ago, Ryanw said:

Alright, yes sir i will get that over in a few min here. I am going to send you a private message to do so. Also can when this one gets back to you, can you let me know the results of why it stopped working? I would be very curious to find out what had happened.

Thank you,

Ryan

Please do so via email, Liam will be away next week and so to ensure a quick replacement email is the best best. If we end up troubleshooting it we'll get back to you!