netduma r2

rixx86

36 minutes ago, rixx86 said:

It’s open when on hub 4 but moderate when on r2 and I’ve done all port forwarding for warzone so should be open 

Instead of this, remove your port forwarding rules and add the WAN IP of the R2 to the DMZ of the VM Hub.

After that, reboot the game and you should find you've got an open NAT.

• Administrators
5 minutes ago, rixx86 said:

Ok thanks I’ll try that,but just because I’ve got a moderate nat type doesn’t stop me getting games does it cos I’ve had moderate nat on v hub before and find games ok??? 

No it shouldn't really affect it but it may make search times a little faster with an Open NAT

• Administrators

Yes so there will be less restrictions on you when searching with an Open NAT, also if there is any sort of port conflicts that might raise your ping a bit but really what putting the R2 in the DMZ will do is allow all traffic to pass straight through to the R2 unimpeded by the V hub which could be affecting the ping. You can see our return policy here: netduma.com/terms

So I just took the r2 round my mates house he has the exact same setup as me same speed same v hub 4 and it worked and it was moderate nat type??? So weird 

is there anything on the virgin hub that could be stopping this?? Please help

• Administrators

Have you set any port forwarding/triggering rules or DMZ on the R2 or any port forwarding/triggering rules on the V Hub? Could you provide a screenshot of the R2 System Information page and the DMZ page on the V hub please?

• Administrators

To check your NAT status on Windows do the following:

Go to Settings > Gaming > Xbox Networking

It will automatically run the test, this will usually fail

Click 'Fix it' and wait for the confirmation message

Click 'Check again'

It should come back with your NAT type

If it is Open then it is highly likely the game is misreading your NAT Type but then check again, does it appear open on the game and do you get a lower ping?

Is this with Geo-filter enabled or disabled?

If disabled, it sounds as though the game is just misreading the NAT in that case.

If enabled, can you search for a game and zoom all the way out on the Geo-filter map, and check to see if any servers appear as blocked?

Hi I have managed to sort it out I had an engineer out from virgin to sort my downstream and upstream levels then I port forward all six port for warzone on my r2 and the v hub 4.0 enabled geo filter and it’s working 

thanks for your time and help 👍🏻