Can I get AntiDdos protection for a own private server using netduma R1 router

aziemecki

Hi guys, is there any way to protect my private server wich i rent to a company for hosting games like cs 1.6 and dota1 map (from warcraft III)? need to know if there is any way to add antiddos system to it, i tried hidding my ass in the Hybrid VPN services, but is not hidding anything, users can still get my IP via task manager+cmd (using netstat commands). So i need another way to prevent those Ddos attackas i am getting sometimes, and i cant close all ports for it, i need to leave few ports open always.

kindly will wait for your answer.

ps: my private server is using centos, so i cant download anything for windows on it, and tried already with iptables and some other stuffs that didnt workout.

Welcome to the forum!

So to clarify, you have a server that runs some game servers that you want to be securely publicly accessible, is that correct?

Generally, if you're going to be renting this server out for usage by people you don't know, it's probably not a great idea to run it on your home network. If it's just people you know connecting to it, it'll be fine, but beyond that could be risky. It may be better to look at hosting it on a cloud service like Azure or GCloud, though that's a little outside my expertise so not really something I can advise on.

Thanks for your reply, Im renting to a friends company, so its ok, but users joining games hosted on my server can know my ip using task manager + cmd. I tried that Hybrid VPN on my netduma R1 router, hidding ports used by the game and even setting the game is in use, no1 of those worked, my ip its still visible. So wanted to know if there is any way, i saw for example geofiltering, but as far as i understand i can only select between few couple of games (my game is not on that list, and i am using last firmare 3.0.207), also i dont know if can be configured to limit geografy of users joining my server to only AMERICA, i saw i can adjust the geolocation my myselft, but as i cant add my server with the real game is in use (cous as i said is not on the list provided by the router) i dont know what to do, and if i can do something.

I would suggest ideas, may there is some machine or something that can help with ddos? (cant spend 15 thousand USD on those i saw).

thanks every1

19 hours ago, aziemecki said:

Thanks for your reply, Im renting to a friends company, so its ok, but users joining games hosted on my server can know my ip using task manager + cmd. I tried that Hybrid VPN on my netduma R1 router, hidding ports used by the game and even setting the game is in use, no1 of those worked, my ip its still visible. So wanted to know if there is any way, i saw for example geofiltering, but as far as i understand i can only select between few couple of games (my game is not on that list, and i am using last firmare 3.0.207), also i dont know if can be configured to limit geografy of users joining my server to only AMERICA, i saw i can adjust the geolocation my myselft, but as i cant add my server with the real game is in use (cous as i said is not on the list provided by the router) i dont know what to do, and if i can do something.

I would suggest ideas, may there is some machine or something that can help with ddos? (cant spend 15 thousand USD on those i saw).

thanks every1

There isn't really a way that you can prevent these user's from being able to resolve your public IP, that's why it's not recommended to open this up to users you don't know personally. There isn't any advanced DDoS protection built-in to the R1 that you can use enable I'm afraid.

• Administrators
4 minutes ago, aziemecki said:

thanks for ur reply then. Inside R2 also is not right?

Same with the R2, it is difficult to counter DDoS attacks, very large companies have issues with it and they have millions to throw at the problem

• Administrators

Just to clarify, are you wanting to have a DDoS protected server or to protect yourself from DDoS when connected to the server? 

If the former then it may be worth looking at servers that specifically advertise they have DDoS protection such as https://www.reliablesite.net/ddos-protection/ for example although I couldn't vouch for their effectiveness. If the latter then using the HybridVPN would be the best option available to you and we can troubleshoot to get that working properly.