What Is Actually Going On??

• Administrators

Gaming barely uses any bandwidth so that amount of allocation isn't needed as it won't be used. The reason it is happening is because you have share excess enabled which allows other devices that need more bandwidth to take it from devices that don't need it.

7 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Gaming barely uses any bandwidth so that amount of allocation isn't needed as it won't be used. The reason it is happening is because you have share excess enabled which allows other devices that need more bandwidth to take it from devices that don't need it.

I just checked and I never had share excess enabled.

• Administrators

The X axis is the bottom data shown, so i.e. on this one how much bandwidth was actually being used. I expect not much data was actually being used given the console doesn't use much and the other device was within its allocation

25 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

The X axis is the bottom data shown, so i.e. on this one how much bandwidth was actually being used. I expect not much data was actually being used given the console doesn't use much and the other device was within its allocation

About 10MB with other devices around 30MB even though I allocated 150MB to my console.

56 minutes ago, The Honest Tiger said:

I disabled the DumaOS classified and added my PS5 as game console under normal and including WAN.

Can you provide a couple full page screenshots, ensuring you show Congestion Control in it's entirety as well as Traffic Prioritisation? This will help us see if there's anything else we could be missing here.

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/7/2022 at 4:29 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

You shouldn't really be experiencing that kind of lag with your speeds, especially with QoS enabled. What is the model of the modem/router the XR is connected to? Are ALL devices connected to the XR?

Just seen this now, everything is connected to the XR, I had to do remote play in order to stream without issues.

41 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

What is the model of the modem/router the XR is connected to? Now all devices are connected it would be worth reassessing your QoS settings to get them optimal as it will have changed

My setup is Virgin Media Hub 4 in Modem mode > XR500 > All devices with my PS5 and PC wired.