Slow speeds

• Administrators

If it's a pure modem then it isn't doing any routing and so it would be a bit lower than when using a router. How are you testing the ping exactly? It can also be affected by your connection method, QoS settings and what other devices are doing at the time.

Im using Speedtest.net to my local server I get 25 from the modem and 35 from the router, the modem is a spectrum ES2251 there is no other devices hogging up a ton of internet and I haven't done anything with qos. I was thinking about returning the xr1000 for a different router.

Ping heat map and geo filter are still not working on any of my devices either. I bought the router renewed from amazon

Also get lower ping on games like Fortnite when connected to the modem directly 

• Administrators

Even if you only have 1 device connected to the router, a router is still doing more processing than a modem which is why the ping is higher so I'd be surprised if you ever connected to your modem and didn't get a lower ping (unless you were connecting to a far server or there is ISP congestion). I would suggest you use QoS as even if there isn't anything hogging bandwidth your PC doing the speedtest maybe in a network queue causing the ping to go up a little. 

What isn't working about those features exactly?

• Administrators

So use Congestion Control as you normally would to eliminate congestion, once you find the best settings it should be reduced for you, here is a guide if needed: http://support.netduma.com/en/support/solutions/articles/16000077073-dumaos-optimal-settings-guide-qos

It does say to use 70% in the guide, that is our recommended starting point but if isn't working as best it could then do experiment to see what works better.

• Administrators
23 minutes ago, Cjw743 said:

Ok I’ll try it tonight, what if it doesn’t improve anything? Is it worth trying a new router? 

You could try it, I'd be surprised if it made a big difference but make sure to connect all the devices currently connected to the XR to the other router for a fair test

8 hours ago, Cjw743 said:

Could I try factory resetting the xr1000? im also replacing the coax line in my house to see if that fixes anything because my speeds keep dropping at night

You could do yeah, I'd suggest doing this after replacing the Coax line.

7 hours ago, Cjw743 said:

I also bought the router from amazon as renewed for $200 could that be a problem

I suppose it's possible, though if it were bad I think you'd have far more noticeable problems than this.

2 hours ago, Netduma Liam said:

You could do yeah, I'd suggest doing this after replacing the Coax line.

I suppose it's possible, though if it were bad I think you'd have far more noticeable problems than this.

Some features on dumaos don’t load and my wifi is inconsistent but why not get a brand new router for the same price because it’s on sale