Google Nest Mini command delays

l.?

Hi, there. I've been having issues with my two Google nest mini's that I use to control the house, lights etc. Basically whenever I ask a command, I'm getting heavy delay before the command is carried out, sometimes 10/15 seconds. I believe it may be something to do with the DumaR2. I've tried all the trouble shooting Google suggested but to no avail. My setup is NetdumaR2 with two access points at different sides of the house. If anyone has any idea or suggestion for a fix for this delay I would really appreciate it. Driving me nuts. 

Thanks. 

Hi, just verify the AP are wired into the R2 please.

What APs are you using?

Are you using QoS and if so could you post a picture showing the QoS setup. 

Are the devices connecting to the R2 or the APs? 

• Administrators

Great questions above, if the minis and the devices are all connected to different APs or the R2 then that could be why there is a delay. Could you try enabling Spanning Tree Protocol in Network Settings, then reboot the router and see if the delay still happens?

On 8/21/2022 at 2:31 PM, Newfie said:

Hi, just verify the AP are wired into the R2 please.

What APs are you using?

Are you using QoS and if so could you post a picture showing the QoS setup. 

Are the devices connecting to the R2 or the APs? 

Hi, thanks for the reply. I've tried different connections as far as both connected to R2, both connected to AP's. Right now they are both connected to the R2. As Fraser mentioned below, I already have Spanning Tree enabled and have tried disabled as well. I've noticed after a router restart/device restart they respond as they should but after 5/10 minutes they go back to having the same delay. I'll post the QoS screenshot below. Thanks.

QoS.png

On 8/23/2022 at 8:08 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

Interesting, could you disable the protection options in WAN Settings, if that doesn't work please reserve IPs for the devices in DHCP settings then do a reboot and see if they continue to work please.

Hey, they already have reserved IP's via DCHP. I also disabled protection options in the WAN settings. Issue still remains. After every restart they work as intended for 5/10 minute's but after that the delay returns. Anything else I could try?

Thanks.