Wi-Fi only and capped speeds

Fulted

Wireless devices are fine but the PC and TV (connected to the R2 via ethernet) do not receive any connection at all and only fix is a full reset. This was fine up until Virgin Media did some area maintenance over July/August, but now multiple days this week I've had to fully reset the router. Assuming it has to be the R2 if wireless devices are okay?

Also get capped speeds that feel slightly worse than stated. The speeds are set as 300/30 on dumaos/ congestion control Auto-Enable at 50% down (150Mb) and 100% upload (30Mb). Gaming PC bandwidth allocation set to 70 for down and up as only have a few devices.  

Today with the reset I decided not to run ping optimiser, adblock, geofilter and disabled IPv6.  

VM Hub4 350Mbps + R2 latest firmware v3.2.453

• Administrators

Welcome to the forum!

VM doing maintenance in the area wouldn't have caused any problems on the router, so it's fixed by a reset and then how long does it take before it stops working and what is being done just prior to that happening, a settings change, launching a particular service on the devices etc?

• 2 weeks later...

So it's been fine for about a week and I'm fairly certain it's something to do with Bandwidth Allocation or QoS. Since that day I set my download and upload distributions and put Congestion Control at Always. I was going to be downloading a couple games so switched it back to Auto-Enable to get full speeds. Today the speeds are capped at 40mb on a google test as dumaos/ was being extremely slow and kept getting rapp errors? 

I'm not sure exactly how/why it's happening but something overnight is causing an issue. Again Wi-Fi is completely fine and showing 300mb+ on google. It's only devices connected via ethernet. Have restarted the R2 but the problem still persists. Have put the Congestion Control back to Always and will confirm after restarting both PC and R2 again. 

19 minutes ago, Fulted said:

So it's been fine for about a week and I'm fairly certain it's something to do with Bandwidth Allocation or QoS. Since that day I set my download and upload distributions and put Congestion Control at Always. I was going to be downloading a couple games so switched it back to Auto-Enable to get full speeds. Today the speeds are capped at 40mb on a google test as dumaos/ was being extremely slow and kept getting rapp errors? 

I'm not sure exactly how/why it's happening but something overnight is causing an issue. Again Wi-Fi is completely fine and showing 300mb+ on google. It's only devices connected via ethernet. Have restarted the R2 but the problem still persists. Have put the Congestion Control back to Always and will confirm after restarting both PC and R2 again. 

OK, if that doesn't work, we could verify whether it's QoS or not by completely disabling QoS from the three-line menu in Congestion Control, then retest. Perhaps give that a go and let us know the results.