Hybrid VPN with Surfshark

Nas64780

Hello there 

I am having issues with the Hybrid VPN when using Surfshark configuration. It says connected but when I check on ‘what’s my IP’ it still shows my ISP. Also the ip address hasn’t changed. 

Can you please advise. I already have the latest firmware. I need this set up on the router as I have doorbell camera and other IoT devices. 

inhave also rebooted the router.

2 hours ago, Nas64780 said:

Hello there 

I am having issues with the Hybrid VPN when using Surfshark configuration. It says connected but when I check on ‘what’s my IP’ it still shows my ISP. Also the ip address hasn’t changed. 

Can you please advise. I already have the latest firmware. I need this set up on the router as I have doorbell camera and other IoT devices. 

inhave also rebooted the router.

Welcome to the forum!

Have you added any devices to the VPN traffic panel on the right hand side? If not, you'll need to do this to route the device's traffic through the VPN. Start with the device you're checking the location on, then you can check again and confirm that the location has changed.

1 hour ago, Nas64780 said:

Okay thanks. That’s worked now. It shows as different ISP, although when I perform ipconfig it doesn’t show a different up address.

That's fine, we wouldn't expect it to. The VPN is being applied on the router, not on your PC. Everything in the network connects to the router as it did before, but as soon as it leaves the network your traffic is going through the VPN (Only the devices you've added to the VPN Traffic panel).