Simple Question

I have no idea really with any of this internet stuff, I just changed ISP over to Telstra and after setting up the new modem I couldn't get all my consoles working like they did...  (Two XboxOne and 1xPS4). In particular the PS4 is the one with the issues.

I've gone from googling PS4 won't connect to PSN to How to create a static IP and port forward to learning that my router is behind the service providers router and that upnp may be the cause not allowing 2 of the same connection?? And my head is literally about to explode, it's been 3 weeks educating myself on what the issue is, at the same time having to learn what seems  a completely new language and terminology.....I will not give up now... I never had any issues connecting them all on the last set up. There was lag on the ps4 which ultimately convinced me to change ISP but it still connected to the PSN just took ages for my son to find games etc.

All I want to know is, does the Telstra game optimiser get around this issue? Will it allow for the xboxs and the playstion to just connect and be in harmony so the kids get off my damn back?? help.... I can't talk ports or static ips anymore I just want to know if this add on option for my plan will allow both consoles to play. Telstra support didnt seem to understand what I was asking (I barely am able to grasp the concept of what's going on) and were of no help....The PS4 is useless without being able to connect to the PSN and turning the xboxs off isn't an option either. I apologise for being so basic in my descriptions I'm not cut out for this. 

• Administrators

Welcome to the forum!

I can't really give you a solid answer to that as it really depends on what the issue is, GO is made to improve your gaming connection etc and not to resolve an issue of not getting internet through a device - it may help but that's not a guarantee. 

It would be better to ask support about the issue at hand as they would be better able to resolve that for you rather than speculate about GO helping it.

Although you're not using our software currently and therefore my advice may be more general, if you can provide some more information I'd be happy to try and help you. How is the PS4 connected via ethernet or WiFi? Have you tried connecting it via both WiFi/ethernet to see if one works over the other? Are you using automatic network settings on the console? Does it give any message/error when you're unable to connect?

Thank you for your welcome.

Ok bare with me. The PlayStation connects to the LAN wifi but fails to connect to the PSN. The server timing out and a NAT error code appears. I've learnt I can't forward ports being behind another router and the PSN doesn't support IPv6, which also came up as a solution. Is connected through wifi as I am not close enough to the router to connect via cable...  My question is does GO allow multiple upnp connections requiring the same level of Nat.??

• Administrators

Is it giving you NAT failed? What do you mean being behind another router, are you using a router behind the Telstra modem? I don't think UPnP is the issue specifically, otherwise the two Xboxes would more than likely have the issue, GO would use the existing UPnP of the router, it's not something we have changed. 

Ok. So I'm back .... I think I've narrowed down my problem .. The PSN has blocked IP maybe because of CGNAT?? ...Does Game Optimiser give the user cgnat options panel or give you a public IP as apart of the optimisation plan?? 

Or do I just call Telstra and opt out of cgnat? Like, Simple as that?

My thoughts were my console connectivity issues were all to do with not having the GO (not IP/CGNAT related) adding GO under the impression it will fix said connectivity issues is wrong? 

• Administrators

Do your Xboxes have an Open NAT directly connected to the modem? If they do then you don't have a CG-NAT, if you don't then it's quite possible you do but in that case the only thing you can do to resolve it is get a static public IP from Telstra, it's not something GO could override.