XR1000 - Device Manager Question on Offline Device Status - XR1000 1.0.0.64_1.0.49

Hi.  I have owned the XR1000 pretty much since it was released and have loved it.  However, I am seeing some puzzling behavior recently with a home theater device and was wondering if anyone had some ideas.  I recently purchased a HDFURY VRROOM device (https://hdfury.com/product/8k-vrroom-40gbps/) for my home theater.  One of its features is a web interface to control its parameters, and I have the ability to set a static IP for LAN connection to ensure it's always reachable at the same IP.  For the most part the device just sits there waiting for me to contact it through the web interface on the LAN.  It does not connect directly to the WAN or out to the internet and in general very little traffic flows in or out.  What I have noticed is that when I first power on the VRROOM device it shows online in the Device Manager at the expected static IP and I can communicate with it no problem.  After a few hours of not interacting with the web interface, the device is no longer reachable via web interface and upon checking the Device Manager, the device has moved to offline in the status.  The only way I can restore the connection is to restart the VRROOM or the router, but the fix is temporary and the offline status issue reoccurs. Is this expected behavior for DumaOS?  Any settings I can change to maintain the connection with a device that for the most part is idle in terms of IP traffic?

Thanks for any thoughts! 

Hi.  Thanks for the suggestion. Toggling congestion control to Never (it was on Auto) seems to have addressed the issue I was having with losing access to the web interface. I am able to keep the rest of QoS enabled. The device manager continues to show the device as offline but as long as I can access it I am good to go. 

1 hour ago, p_a_h said:

Hi.  Thanks for the suggestion. Toggling congestion control to Never (it was on Auto) seems to have addressed the issue I was having with losing access to the web interface. I am able to keep the rest of QoS enabled. The device manager continues to show the device as offline but as long as I can access it I am good to go. 

That's odd, maybe you could try adding a rule to Traffic Prio for the new device and just have it prioritise all traffic from it. It may then be able to work with QoS in your usual configuration.

44 minutes ago, Netduma Liam said:

That's odd, maybe you could try adding a rule to Traffic Prio for the new device and just have it prioritise all traffic from it. It may then be able to work with QoS in your usual configuration.

I'll give it a shot for a little while and report back if it doesn't work.  Thanks again for now I seem to be sorted.