Bandwidth Allocation Issue

My son keeps getting error coded a lot over the past couple of weeks on Destiny2 (mine does very occasionally) so I thought I'd go check out the DumaOS on our XR1000. I believe I have the latest update: 1.0.0.64_1.0.49 and we are both hard wired to the XR.

Found that Bandwidth Allocation was reset so everything was getting the same bandwidth. Reset it so his and my PS5's had 48% each (as I had set it up previously), pressed Update Distribution for both Upload/Download, clicked off, clicked back in, and it had reset itself.

Then I tried to set it up in Applications giving Gaming 80%, and again once I clicked out - and back in, lo and behold it had reset itself again.

Not sure if I'm doing something wrong here?

Also while I am here does anyone have any specific settings, hints, tips or tricks I could use so as to ensure that I we are getting the best out of the XR1000 whilst playing Destiny2 - thanks.

• Administrators

Gaming barely uses any bandwidth so even giving it that amount won't make the game use it, we usually recommend leaving Bandwidth Allocation on default unless there is a specific need to allocate bandwidth. Most likely what happened is that it doesn't default to the last 'view' you were on which can make it appear as though it has reset. 

Most likely your error codes are caused by the Geo-Filter, make sure to untick strict mode when playing Destiny and that should resolve it.

13 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Gaming barely uses any bandwidth so even giving it that amount won't make the game use it, we usually recommend leaving Bandwidth Allocation on default unless there is a specific need to allocate bandwidth. Most likely what happened is that it doesn't default to the last 'view' you were on which can make it appear as though it has reset. 

Most likely your error codes are caused by the Geo-Filter, make sure to untick strict mode when playing Destiny and that should resolve it.

Thanks for the reply Fraser. Ah ok I will ignore the view and leave BA as default.

If we untick strict mode will this not open us to joining into pvp matches further way, so being at a potential ping disadvantage? I have attached a pic showing good local connections  (I have saved) along with our GF map coverage.

My sons error coded again just now an it is the same one as previous: cabbage

Thanks  

GF1.JPG

PH1.JPG

1 hour ago, ItsAllGonePeteTong said:

Thanks for the reply Fraser. Ah ok I will ignore the view and leave BA as default.

If we untick strict mode will this not open us to joining into pvp matches further way, so being at a potential ping disadvantage? I have attached a pic showing good local connections  (I have saved) along with our GF map coverage.

My sons error coded again just now an it is the same one as previous: cabbage

Thanks  

It shouldn't make a difference, strict mode means Geo-filter only filters players, instead of servers.

You may need to reboot the game/console after changing this, so the new changes to Geo-filter can be used when the game boots.

Have now had to switch off filtering mode (along with strict mode) for each console as we both keep getting constantly kicked off the game. Bit of a shame as all the benefits of GF'ing are now it seems redundant!

As we only play Destiny2 I would like to know if there are there any other benefits to having the XR1000 now outside of using Bandwidth Allocation, which you said we don't really need to adjust from the basic settings?

Thanks

• Administrators

With the Geo-Filter enabled, when you get an error message look at the Geo-Filter, is there anything being blocked? If so allow it and see if that prevents it happening again in the future.

Congestion Control & Traffic Prioritization do more to ensure you get a smooth connection without lag, especially if other devices in the house are being used. From there it depends on your wants/needs, the Adblocker is a network wide adblocker that can apply to any device even devices that usually that's not possible on. As you mentioned you have a son so Traffic Controller that allows you to block the internet for certain devices after certain times may prove useful as well.