Possible Server but shown as player

AsNCo

Hey. I was gaming with locals when I realised how perfect my connection was to one of the players. The moment I ping, it shows 3ms ping.
I have my ways to see IP addresses even though the Netduma R1 doesn't. So I ping it to only find out that I was pinging to Data Centre by Equinix.

Could someone have a look at this and clarify whether it is a player using a Data Centre or an actual Game Server?

I won't show the IP address so I'll just show the ID which I'm sure Iain can understand.

ID: 29677a4504c8f7fc

Trace route shows

1    <1 ms    <1 ms    <1 ms  My Router [192.168.1.1]
  2     1 ms     1 ms     1 ms  MyISP
  3     1 ms     1 ms     1 ms  MyISP
  4     1 ms     1 ms     1 ms  Equinix

Perhaps it could be a VPN that a player is using? Just a thought :)

Equinix doesn't provide any VPN services but is wholly a Data Centre to Amazon Cloud Service, Google Cloud Service and more.

Research shows Equinix to be helping Microsoft with hosting the Azure servers.

I know on Xbox, yes, the Azure server is shown in my country.

But for PS3, it won't show the Azure servers for obvious reasons thus there are no Dedicated Servers in my country for PSN as far as I know.

So it could be Activision having a Dedicated Server here by using Equinix too.

But I rarely get in it. So I need a form of confirmation of whether I am playing against a player which uses that Data Centre or is it fully a Dedicated Server.

Converting that ID to an IP I'm getting Over The Top TV, does that make sense?

Hi. Can I PM you or Iain the IP address so you guys can check whether it's a possible server?

Archived