PS5 not registering “Gaming” for Traffic Prioritization. On Netduma R2

MainLifeline

PLEASE SOMEONE HELPPP. Currently using a Netduma R2 with the latest firmware. Problem is the network monitoring isn’t picking up my PS5gaming packets from the traffic prioritization. I’ve set it up numerous ways game console, advance set up, regular set up, tried using the games ports to no success. It works fine for my PC with Apex I see the gaming packets in network monitoring but for my PS5 nothing… the games I’m trying to play on the PS5 btw is call of duty BO4/VANGUARD. Please need help maybe there’s a bug??? Idk 

8 hours ago, MainLifeline said:

PLEASE SOMEONE HELPPP. Currently using a Netduma R2 with the latest firmware. Problem is the network monitoring isn’t picking up my PS5gaming packets from the traffic prioritization. I’ve set it up numerous ways game console, advance set up, regular set up, tried using the games ports to no success. It works fine for my PC with Apex I see the gaming packets in network monitoring but for my PS5 nothing… the games I’m trying to play on the PS5 btw is call of duty BO4/VANGUARD. Please need help maybe there’s a bug??? Idk 

Welcome to the forum!

Have you added a custom rule to Traffic Prio for this, or are you using the DumaOS classified games rule? Whichever rule you're using, is it detecting priority traffic when you're gaming? This is indicated by two red lights on the rule.

Just to clarify on the Network Monitor, are you using the Desktop view in a web browser, or are you using the mobile view from a mobile device?

I did BOTH. I added a custom rule to traffic and used dumaOS classified games rule: and both light up red and you can see the two dots light up and packets going up but when you go to network monitoring it’s registering the packets as “UNKNOWN”. And yes using the Newtwork monitoring on a desktop web browser.

Yes I am worried it’s not prioritizing correctly which I don’t think it is. Because Iike I said for my PC it works fine when I set it up, it registers “Gaming” packets in network monitoring but for PlayStation they’re just “Unknown”.

• Administrators

I'm sure it is prioritizing correctly if Traffic Prio is showing packets being prioritized but hard turn off the console, in the Device Manager menu resync the cloud, then set the PS5 to a PlayStation, turn on the console, play a game and see if it shows in Network Monitor

yea so i did everything u recommended and still not registering Gaming Packets in network monitor. also in device manager its not picking up my Playstation Online. its saying theyre offline.. but when i look on the device manager as a table. it says all the ports are being used full duplex. also it says my playstion connected wireless but its not its connected eithernet. but the device manager is saying its wireless 5Ghz......