Netduma R2 broken after unexpected reboot

IBPxx

Last night I was using the hybrid VPN interface, and right after I set the usual vpn config the router rebooted and never got it work again since last night; no matter resetting it it won't let me access the dumbs interface or connect to wi-fi through the back-side password or the password I set before. Would like some advices.

Tried to set up a static IP and even tho I managed to display the interface, after a very slow and buggy set up it won't connect both LAN and wifi, especially wi fi since it won't even give me the chance to connect. @Netduma Fraser

@Netduma FraserManaged for the very first time to make the pc recognize internet connection from the router after playing around in the ISP menu. Now, if I navigate dumbs/ or the IP address it will just say, DumaOs not loaded yet! Don't worry we will redirect you shortly. Nothing happening in 20mins, don't think it's working properly.

If it can help I can see during the usage of the connection, the lan port will go back and forth connected / not connected, I swear this is the most frustrating experience I've ever had concerning internet connection

It will, but after first couple steps it will stop loading the set up page. Maybe, if I get lucky, after some time it will recover the step I stopped to, keep the configuration, and then simply stop being reachable and show that DumaOs not ready non-stop

When I manage to get the interface, it will slowly get me to the country selection, then stop. Either static route or automatic won't get me connected with the dumaos interface. I've tried with the Macbook I've originally set it up 1+ year ago and my PC with windows 10. Tried on many browser, taking care of authorizations

Sometimes it will give me back an error like, connection was changed then switching to 'you're not connected to the internet'. I'm pretty sure that it comes from the fact it seems not to keep a stable connection. Cable can't be a problem since they're high end cat8 <<< 1000mbps transferred

and are the one I've been using for a long time. It's not the first time the R" will auto reboot and give me some troubles, but I've always managed to do it on my own. Man this is really annoying especially in my only day away from work

After a bunch of time I was able to finish the setup after many interruptions, but neither wifi or ethernet will work, wifi won't even accept the pew I just changed, I can see it actually received the input somehow because it changed the SSID, but pew won't log me in. I think it's game, I don't know what to do going forward, I even tried allowing dmx on the device from the ISP tab menu. Idk @Netduma Fraser

• Administrators

On the System Information page is it showing you have a WAN IP at all? While connected via ethernet, disable WiFi entirely from the WiFi settings, reboot the router from the interface, wait 2 minutes, access, enable WiFi, apply, reboot from the interface, wait 2 minutes then see if you can connect with the password you set. What firmware are you on currently as well?

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome to the forum!

Could you please create a new topic and be sure to include the following information:

• If you hold the reset pin on the back of the R2 for thirty seconds, then leave it for a few minutes, are you able to get to the DumaOS interface by going to 192.168.77.1 in your web browser?
  • Do you still have internet access through the R2?
  • Are you using the original power adapter that came with the R2? Is it connected to a wall outlet or is it connected to a power extender/power strip?

Once you've created the new topic, we can focus on your issue and troubleshoot it further with you.