Does the Geo-Filter work for Halo Infinite on the Netduma R2 right now?

StrizFPS

Halo Infinite is my main game, but ping has been outlandish lately. It's been 100+ in 80% of my matches for the past couple of weeks.

Editing the hosts file still works, but you're limited to 4 servers that you can block. If you block more than 4, the game stops you from connecting to the servers you left unblocked.

I can block ANZ and Asia servers, but that still leaves EU servers, NA West and Central. Which all give me 70ms+ ping. If I don't block every server other than NA East 1 & 2 I never see a 50 ping game, which is the lowest possible ping I can get where I live in Canada.

For some reason they're not using their Toronto and Montreal servers, which would give me 30 and 40 ping.

So, I'm wondering if there's any point in buying the R2 right now. If the Geo-Filter doesn't work for Halo Infinite then there's really no point...

• Administrators

Well the Geo-Filter isn't working for it currently, although some people say it works occasionally but doesn't appear to be consistent, however QoS is still a major feature that will keep your network as stable as possible, thereby keeping the ping low. If it's still high after that then you can be sure it's just on the game side.

22 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Well the Geo-Filter isn't working for it currently, although some people say it works occasionally but doesn't appear to be consistent, however QoS is still a major feature that will keep your network as stable as possible, thereby keeping the ping low. If it's still high after that then you can be sure it's just on the game side.

The issue is that without the Geo-Filter working for the game then the game will still be placing me in 240ms matches like the one I just played, literally minutes ago 😂

• Administrators
1 hour ago, StrizFPS said:

The issue is that without the Geo-Filter working for the game then the game will still be placing me in 240ms matches like the one I just played, literally minutes ago 😂

I know, it is unfortunate that they've blocked Geo-Filter and yet don't place you in games close by which is exactly why people Geo-Filter in the first place. We are looking into it, we're big Halo fans so it is something close to our heart as well.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/7/2022 at 9:14 AM, StrizFPS said:

Is there a rough ETA for when it could be fixed?

We don't have an ETA as yet, we're making some substantial changes to how Geo-filter works. Our testing has proved very promising, but it's still ultimately in development so I can't yet provide an ETA.

• 1 month later...
9 hours ago, StrizFPS said:

Just popping back in for another monthly check on the Geo-filter. Any changes?

Not just yet, still testing and improving it. We'll likely post on our Twitter when we ready to share more info on it so that would be the best place to keep an eye out!

• 10 months later...
On 8/7/2022 at 8:16 AM, Netduma Fraser said:

I'll have to check in with the team to see if there has been any updates and get back to you

On 9/29/2022 at 6:47 AM, Netduma Liam said:

Not just yet, still testing and improving it. We'll likely post on our Twitter when we ready to share more info on it so that would be the best place to keep an eye out!

Popping back in almost 1 year later to see if there's an update yet on the geofilter functionality 😭

• Administrators
2 hours ago, StrizFPS said:

Popping back in almost 1 year later to see if there's an update yet on the geofilter functionality 😭

I think it's something that will be included in DumaOS 4.0 which if all goes to plan will be seen towards the end of the year/beginning of the next