How to configure XR500 when I cannot use bridge mode on my ISP router

Hi.

I would need some support please on how to configure my XR500 router , when I cannot use bridge mode on my ISP router. My ISP router doesn't support ip passthrough..

Is there a way to configure my XR500 to run along my ISP router?

Thanks in advance for the help!

What the make and model of your ISP router exactly? We can look it up and use that to find the best solution for you.

To get things working, you don't necessarily need to use bridge mode or IP passthrough, but in some scenarios you may encounter NAT issues, that's when we would look to solutions like this.

Thanks a lot for the reply @Netduma Liam - the ISP router is a SAGEMCOM WiFi Hub C3.

It does have bridge mode but when i am using it , the speed i get from ISP is half and they told me they cannot offer support to me if I use bridge mode, so i have to use a different alternative to use the XR500 in this case.

Any help is much appreciated.

So the connection will be:
Sagemcom LAN port to ->  XR WAN port?
After that the WAN IP from XR , to add it into the Sagemcom DMZ 

and that should be it?

appreciate the confirmation thanks!

• Administrators
13 minutes ago, Xdrqgol said:

It seems fixed after just going to the WAN settings and hitting apply.... can anyone tell me why i had to do this step?

Probably because network settings were altered above the XR it needed to update everything, a reboot would have achieved the same affect

14 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Probably because network settings were altered above the XR it needed to update everything, a reboot would have achieved the same affect

It seems is not working, after maybe 30-45 minutes it gets stuck - i cannot access the ISP router or XR500 ... I have to reset both of them and redo the process.. and then it happens again
I might have the double NAT issue...

Any further help?

• Administrators

Double NAT wouldn't cause that issue and if you have the XR in the DMZ of the ISP router that wouldn't be an issue. Just to clarify, when it happens you can't access the ISP router - what about if you directly connect to it?

When that happens i cannot connect to either of the routers...

But I have managed to fix it - have just changed on XR side from "Get Dynamically from ISP" , to "Use Static IP Address" as well for DNS "Use These DNS Servers" - and so far , i have not had any issues. Will monitor and reach back if I get the same problem !