R2 repeatedly losing internet connection and cannot access dashboard

Hi, for the last day or so I've constantly lost connection to the internet and cannot access my dashboard to even figure out what is going on.

The first day I lost connection to the internet for a few minutes and came back, but was unable to access my dashboard with my login. Fearing some kind of hack, I reset it and have had ongoing issues. I basically get a small amount of time of internet connectivity (like 5-10 minutes), and then lose the connection and cannot access the dashboard afterwards. Connecting to the IP address goes nowhere, and I haven't changed it since the day I got it and set it to 192.168.77.1.

Right now I just held the button on the back for a full minute to reset, then got to the dashboard and did another factory reset and it seems to be working fine for the moment. 

Any ideas what's going on? I'm on the latest firmware: 3.2.453

• Administrators

Welcome to the forum!

Sorry to hear you're having this issue, did you recently update to the firmware? If so and you didn't factory reset that could be why and then it took two to really clear out any remnants from the previous version. Do keep an eye on it and if you're able to next time, see if you can get the log file from the System Information page when it happens.

So it was fine for a few hours, and then went out again. I waited a few minutes to see what would happen but I couldn't connect to the internet nor the dashboard. I soft reset by unplugging it for 30 seconds and rebooted. I managed to get the logs.

Edit: It's now completely unresponsive and says the site is unreachable and has been offline for a good 20-30 minutes. 

log-1658108688537.txt

7 hours ago, mercurialforest said:

So it was fine for a few hours, and then went out again. I waited a few minutes to see what would happen but I couldn't connect to the internet nor the dashboard. I soft reset by unplugging it for 30 seconds and rebooted. I managed to get the logs.

Edit: It's now completely unresponsive and says the site is unreachable and has been offline for a good 20-30 minutes. 

log-1658108688537.txt 69.26 kB · 1 download

Unfortunately as the logs were taken after the reboot they won't contain any useful information.

Could you please disconnect it from power for about 10 minutes to allow plenty of time for any residual power to drain. After that, reconnect it and see if it's able to boot properly.

If you can get back to the DumaOS interface, can you please go to Network Settings -> LAN -> DHCP and change the lease time to 168 hours. Save these settings and monitor to see if it disconnects again after this.