DumaOS 3.1 connects to Peers instead of Dedicated Servers

Hello Liam, Fraser,

Why does DumaOS connects to Peers instead of Dedicated Servers sometimes?

Expected Europe Central (Frankfurt): image.png.530459238eb31870607574614066c4f3.png

I have tried both Polygon and Radius modes and nothing worked. Still get connected to Peers instead. Please help out guys!

Actual Peer (131.120.141.34.bc.googleusercontent.com):

image.thumb.png.20629f03c52abcb50b166861db3426ef.png

Actual Peer (25.98.141.34.bc.googleusercontent.com):

image.thumb.png.5e98b3e4aa43141f853aee8590ff7c7d.png

Best Regards,

Adrian M.

• munteanadrian88 changed the title to DumaOS 3.1 connects to Peers instead of Dedicated Servers

Yes, but the problem is that you cannot reject a bad connection anymore since you still get matched up with that peer which is awful. Is there a way to get rid of this without re-installing the firmware? I tried to re-sync the cloud under each of views which supports it, and the map still shows the servers as peers.

I need that DumaOS 3.2 but Netgear are not releasing it for some reasons... :)

5 hours ago, munteanadrian88 said:

Yes, but the problem is that you cannot reject a bad connection anymore since you still get matched up with that peer which is awful. Is there a way to get rid of this without re-installing the firmware? I tried to re-sync the cloud under each of views which supports it, and the map still shows the servers as peers.

I need that DumaOS 3.2 but Netgear are not releasing it for some reasons... :)

It shouldn't matter, you should still be able to click Deny and you won't get matched with that server again. Is that not the case for you?

• Administrators

On each page unpin any panels that have the pin icon solid white and that will get rid of the error. 

In regards to the two different servers, there are many different servers clustered in one location so blocking one in a location won't block other servers in that same location. Remove the block from Allow/deny, then block it again but give it a name, then disconnect from the server for a least 2 minutes - it should no longer appear on the map after this, then search again and it should be blocked.

We're looking into the issue some are having with reporting.

On 7/26/2022 at 9:22 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

Interesting, looks like it may be allowed on our side which is why you can't block it, I'll double check it and if so remove it so it can be blocked. gb whatsapp

Hi,

I am totally newbie here and I would like to know is this issue specific for this person dedicated server's or we all have this issue on our dedicated server's too?

thanks for your reply in advance...

• Administrators
4 minutes ago, gibsongilbert said:

Hi,

I am totally newbie here and I would like to know is this issue specific for this person dedicated server's or we all have this issue on our dedicated server's too?

thanks for your reply in advance...

Hey, welcome to the forum!

Whitelisted servers by us would be the same for everyone, same with a server misclassified as a peer and vice versa

Strange things happening after several reboots today...?!

Looks like one of the reboots did not finish/execute/perform properly for some reason...?!

Can't wait to put a hand on the next firmware release greater than XR1000 1.0.0.64_1.0.49 (including DumaOS 3.2) and hopefully will be a better one:)

I have no control over the router when the reboot is taking place and logs are empty right after.

image.thumb.png.443fdb455868cbf78c1c4b8abcf4a392.png

image.thumb.png.09175845ed7b7fb3dea9ea0dca1c44b5.png

14 minutes ago, munteanadrian88 said:

Strange things happening after several reboots today...?!

Looks like one of the reboots did not finish/execute/perform properly for some reason...?!

Can't wait to put a hand on the next firmware release greater than XR1000 1.0.0.64_1.0.49 (including DumaOS 3.2) and hopefully will be a better one:)

I have no control over the router when the reboot is taking place and logs are empty right after.

That is very strange.

Were these reboots in quick succession or was there at least a few minutes between each reboot?

Have you since managed to successfully get DumaOS to load?