Netduma R2 and AT&T Fiber connection

Alias 1aB

So it looks like I am going to get lucky and be able to get AT&T Fiber here in a couple of months. As much as I hate AT&T, i cannot complain about saving close to $40 a month and actually getting faster internet. I am not familiar with what modem AT&T uses for their fiber internet service so I am simply asking anyone out there if they are using the R2 router with it. I do not plan to get the 1 Gig service which from I have read on these forums the R2 cannot support. Any input would be greatly appreciated as I can determine whether I will still need to use the R2 or not as I already use a separate WIFI6 access point for everything wireless.

• Administrators

It can go up to 950, you’ll lose a bit for routing but it just depends. QoS will still be beneficial even if you might not need it as much. The Geo-Filter of course isn’t a connection/speed dependent

Find out what the modem/gateway model number is and look into if the current firmware on that device allows you to still log into it and put it into bridge mode. I was a long time ATT fiber customer and I was able to do this but there was talk about customers not being able to do this because of a firmware patch. ATT used two different gateways but I haven’t followed ATT since I switched to google. Look for information on a website called dslreports look into art fiber section for info might be buried in search but it’s there. Use the search here as well for tags ATT , fiber , ATT fiber 

The BGH-210 gateway is what you want to end up with and see is you can do what is in this link. 

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r31832196-BGH-210-IP-Passthru-Help

I am Roadrunner79 over on that board ✌

edit- I’m sharing my picture left is ATT ONT and on the right is GOOGLE ONT. Both are fiber but ATT needs the gateway to be in bridge/pass through mode. As you can see the cool thing about the one gig service from google you can adjust the google fiber account to “use your own router” and plug any router directly into the fiber wall jack. Google offers a 2 gig plan that does not allow this. 🏽

CC481802-2FE2-4485-9826-EAA2CBE3ED87.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

ok, good. Once AT&T gets the fiber running which might be September (I hope) I wont have to buy any new equipment. My current setup works for me. I dont know what AT&T will charge to "rent" their fiber optic modem but I will be so happy to ditch my cable internet company. I have been stuck with that company since 2005. I moved states and 200 miles away in 2017 and ended up getting stuck with the same company again because they have a monopoly there too.