PingPlotter netDuma vs hub

Swgohlegend

Hi Duma family,

I have two graphs to show you that my netDuma qos doesn’t work. I have been using the latest firmware as well but looks like my pack loss is less pack full with my regular hub internet connection. 

is the netDuma r1 done or broken…frustration has got to this point that I don’t use the netDuma anymore. What can help me because anything on your forum doesn’t fix my issues. Help I need here!

thank you 

0AC944E1-C212-4F79-AC18-E0C2B19B305E.jpeg

BEBB662B-4C88-4327-B8A5-BF3F09144B9D.jpeg

18 hours ago, Swgohlegend said:

Hi Duma family,

I have two graphs to show you that my netDuma qos doesn’t work. I have been using the latest firmware as well but looks like my pack loss is less pack full with my regular hub internet connection. 

is the netDuma r1 done or broken…frustration has got to this point that I don’t use the netDuma anymore. What can help me because anything on your forum doesn’t fix my issues. Help I need here!

thank you 

How is QoS configured currently? Can you provide a screenshot of that too?

When you were running these tests, were all devices on the network connected to the R1?

We're mostly interested in the bottom graph there but unfortunately it looks as though the test wasn't run for long enough for us to see much from it.

5 hours ago, Netduma Liam said:

How is QoS configured currently? Can you provide a screenshot of that too?

When you were running these tests, were all devices on the network connected to the R1?

We're mostly interested in the bottom graph there but unfortunately it looks as though the test wasn't run for long enough for us to see much from it.

I usually run the graph for a long period of time. I have my isp technician coming today they said I have a weak signal with my fibre optic box. Hopefully that fixes my issue or I’ll come back to trouble shoot my issues. 

duma has all boosters and Wi-Fi) connected to it. I turned off ivp6 yesterday and I did see some improvements for sure but not 100% fixed though

• Administrators

As above the bottom graph is the most important, as is the final hop, you can ignore the hops leading up to that - PingPlotter says this themselves:

"If the final hop is showing 0% packet loss and acceptable latency, you can ignore whatever you see in the hops leading up to it. In example 1, we see scary looking packet loss early in the route, but performance looks good at the final destination. We can ignore patterns like this."

https://www.pingplotter.com/wisdom/article/latency-packet-loss.html

5 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

As above the bottom graph is the most important, as is the final hop, you can ignore the hops leading up to that - PingPlotter says this themselves:

"If the final hop is showing 0% packet loss and acceptable latency, you can ignore whatever you see in the hops leading up to it. In example 1, we see scary looking packet loss early in the route, but performance looks good at the final destination. We can ignore patterns like this."

https://www.pingplotter.com/wisdom/article/latency-packet-loss.html

What would be best settings for mine on xr500 till 3.2 comes out hopefully really soon? I have about 475dl 24ul

• Administrators
5 minutes ago, ryekye said:

What would be best settings for mine on xr500 till 3.2 comes out hopefully really soon? I have about 475dl 24ul

In the topic you make about the VPN configs mention that as well with a bit more about your setup, what settings you're using, ping etc and we'll advise

23 minutes ago, Swgohlegend said:

I don’t know why but I slay when I play with my booster under the netDuma. Perhaps it’s less ping or something but I believe I have better chance winning gun fights!!  🙌

What's the make and model of the booster exactly? It won't reduce ping, it'll actually marginally increase it.

• Administrators
13 minutes ago, Swgohlegend said:

It’s using 5hgz so maybe that’s a positive. Can the booster work with the geo filter though?

In theory if you apply the Geo-Filter to the booster itself then you could Geo-Filter a device behind it