DumaOS XR500 - FIFA 22 - Dedicated servers/p2p auto switch when DENY connection

Hello,

I have upgraded to the latest firmware and trying to use GEOFilter for FIFA on Playstation 5.

All works as it should but there is a bug which I have not seen before. I search for a game , on a server in Germany , and I use polygon to make sure I only connect to that server. I find a connection and it is stated  as a dedicated server connection, but when I try to deny it switched to peer to peer (human icon on the duma OS) but the connection is not interrupted...

I guess someone from your side would be good to test this as I found 3-5/10 connections that appear to be recognized as dedicated , once denied they are represented as peer to peer and I cannot terminate the connection at all...

Anyone has some thoughts on this?

Thanks

I'm just going to move this to the NETGEAR Nighthawk Support sub-forum because it's currently in the R2 support forum.

Can you then click on the peer icon and deny that too? Does that then block the connection all together?

Thanks for the reply yes sorry saw it in the wrong forum too late, thanks for the help.

Answering on your comment , the problem is that when I deny the connection initially the connection changes from dedicate to peer , and I am not able to block the connection/interrupt it at all... Not sure what is happening..

So the stepts are like this:

1.Search for a game

2.Dedicated server connection is found

3.Deny the connection

--The connection changes from dedicated to peer ( dedicated icon switched to peer icon)

The connection is not interrupted or denied and remains available and functioning although on my panel is shows I have denied it...

• Administrators

Could you just clarify, you find a dedicated server - is this inside or outside your polygon? Can you provide the ID of the server and then the peer icon you're getting please?

4 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Could you just clarify, you find a dedicated server - is this inside or outside your polygon? Can you provide the ID of the server and then the peer icon you're getting please?

Hi and thanks for the reply.

Yes I use a polygon to mark the area of the server location I want to connect. The connection I am reporting is always the one inside the polygon.

1. Start finding a game through any mode on FIFA 22 on Playstation 5

2.Once a game is found the dedicated server is pop-ing up on the map inside the polygon - represented by a dedicated server white icon

3.If I deny the connection, 3-5/10 tries , it switches automatically to a peer white icon and the connection is not interrupted but continues

I will have have to record this and send you a capture screen , if you could allow me some time I will work on it.

• Administrators

Just so we can understand your use case, is there a reason you're allowing a specific area and then blocking the server that is allowed there?

I suspect because you've already made the connection to the server it's either forcing you onto a different server (misclassified as a peer) or doing P2P in an effort to keep the game alive. I don't think you will get an instantaneous block on peers as we prevented that to ensure people couldn't use the feature to cheat. 

I have went into full details in a PM to you but shortly some of the connections are horrendous and I would like to avoid playing on a bad connection - although it seems fine in the matchmaking screen, in game is terrible... 

• Administrators

Thanks for that, I don't think you'll be able to do that due to the prevention we included for denying. I'd suggest forcing servers in different locations, even if the ping is slightly higher it may be more stable and allow you to play against different players opposed to those that you might match up with frequently.

• 1 month later...

Well, Fifa Players. Dumaos is useless now for us.

After the new update the servers are now peer and we can deny it. You can deny AFTER the end of the game, but for us is useless, The main problem in FIFA is not only the game server, but the matchmaking. When you start a match and see that your players cant move cuz of the connection, all you can do now is cry.

Another problem.  when you have a blocked server (we see as a peer now) the game freezes when you get back to the server you just blocked You need to close and restart the game.

I tried to revert to factory settings but somehow is worst. You cant find a match, The only way to find a match again is updating.

• Administrators
15 minutes ago, gprj said:

After the new update the servers are now peer and we can deny it. You can deny AFTER the end of the game, but for us is useless, The main problem in FIFA is not only the game server, but the matchmaking. When you start a match and see that your players cant move cuz of the connection, all you can do now is cry.

Another problem.  when you have a blocked server (we see as a peer now) the game freezes when you get back to the server you just blocked You need to close and restart the game.

I tried to revert to factory settings but somehow is worst. You cant find a match, The only way to find a match again is updating.

Thanks for the heads up, I'll pass it onto the team to re-test and see if we can reproduce it and if there is anything we can do

• Administrators
On 7/30/2022 at 11:50 PM, gprj said:

We have tested this and it seems to be working fine on console, if you're on PC and using the PC service then that isn't working and we can update it but you can get around it by setting your PC as a PlayStation in the Device Manager and then re-adding it to the Geo-Filter