How to get XR1000 NetDuma to Recognise Dauntless (Unreal Engine 5)

Hi NetDuma, 

I run NETGEAR XR1000 and would like to know how I can get Dauntless to show up on the GeoFencing, Heat Map and so on?   I play Dauntless on PC and on PS4.  I usually play PC more.  

I cannot believe I am not the only one who has wondered about this.  Just that I could not find any mention of the word "Dauntless" on your forum. 

Hoping someone in NetDuma UK could help me out here.  Thanks 🍻 

• Administrators

Welcome to the forum!

I don't think we have had anyone who has mentioned this game so you're the first! 

You won't be able to get it to appear on Ping Heatmap, we would need to add that manually through a cloud update. For the Geo-Filter the standard settings should get icons appearing, whether it is Geo-Filterable without us doing anything I can't be sure but once you've done this let us know your experience and if needed we can take a look at the game.

1. Quit the application/game/client completely
  2. Remove device from the Geo-Filter
  3. Give PC PlayStation Device Type in the Device Manager (if on PC)
  4. Resync from the Geo-Filter Map menu
  5. Re-add the device to the Geo-Filter with the manual option
  6. Set up the Geo-Filter how you like
  7. Wait 2 minutes
  8. Boot up application/game/client

For Traffic Prioritization you can add both the PC and PS4 with the Games Console service and they will prioritize the game.

Hi Frazer,

I tried your suggestions and I don't see the Dauntless servers as server icons but as Player icons.  Just that when I fire up Fortnite on my actual PS4, I see server icons for the servers.

Here's a pic of what I see when I am actually playing Dauntless.  I deliberately set Ping Assist to zero ms to take it out of consideration.  But more on this later.

Filtering ON but Radius large enough to pick up Sydney server.
u7BbuAg.jpg

Filtering ON but Radius smaller enough to exclude Sydney server.
D0KDIJx.jpg

Also, all the servers/people flash up briefly when I start the game, but then they all disappear and don't stay in the geofence display.
Here's what gets flashed up briefly.
Filtering ON
Ky614hA.jpg

Filtering OFF
5ofGxOQ.jpg

Be good to know if what I am seeing is expected?  Just that I was expecting to see square server icons and not player icons.   Does it depend on the game and for some reason NetDuma software is some how interpreting the server as another player?  Or is that a side affect of using your work around of making my PC appear as a Playstation in the Device Manager of NetDuma?

Also, oddly with Ping Assist set to 0 ms and Geofence radius set to just surrounding Melbourne, I can actually still play Dauntless?  In my mind, that should not happen unless it was something to do with the sequence of events of starting up the game?  Maybe I had set the geofence radius wider to include Sydney and NetDuma software somehow picks that up.  

What does the Resync Cloud button do?  Should I have pressed that with every change to the geofence?

Thanks

Yes, what you're seeing is mostly expected. DumaOS is misidentifying the game servers as peers, but that's purely cosmetic and it will still function the same way for you. It's not something that's caused by you and should be fixed when we can properly classify the game internally.

With Ping Assist set to zero, you'll be restricted purely to servers that are within your filter radius. Ping Assist prevents servers below a certain ping value getting denied, however if they're already within the filter radius they won't get denied anyway.

The Cloud Resync button checks to see if there are any new cloud updates available. Your R2 will check this once a day anyway, but the button allows you to manually check too.

Hi Liam, 

Thanks for the clarification about the icons that appear in Geofencing.  I'm set now with your all your explanations.  Thanks also for the info about Cloud Resync.  I learned about Ping Assist from one of your vids on YouTube which I thought was excellent.
I just re-paste hit here for relevancy (though I expect you to reference it somewhere else on this forum)

Also, thanks for your timely replies.  Appreciate that.  I look forward to you including Dauntless as an officially supported game, especially so I can make use of your Ping Heat Map for Dauntless (there are other servers around the world apart from Sydney and I'd like to see what the lag is like when I actually choose a badly laggy server).  Like I mentioned in the other thread, its cross platform so not only will you hit a large customer base, it will probably also help you with your testing of NetDuma across different platforms PC PS4/5 XBox and Switch with the same game so you could, if you wanted to, compare results appearing in your Rapps depending on the platform played on  👍 

6 minutes ago, EvilDaifu said:

Hi Liam, 

Thanks for the clarification about the icons that appear in Geofencing.  I'm set now with your all your explanations.  Thanks also for the info about Cloud Resync.  I learned about Ping Assist from one of your vids on YouTube which I thought was excellent.
I just re-paste hit here for relevancy (though I expect you to reference it somewhere else on this forum)

Also, thanks for your timely replies.  Appreciate that.  I look forward to you including Dauntless as an officially supported game, especially so I can make use of your Ping Heat Map for Dauntless (there are other servers around the world apart from Sydney and I'd like to see what the lag is like when I actually choose a badly laggy server).  Like I mentioned in the other thread, its cross platform so not only will you hit a large customer base, it will probably also help you with your testing of NetDuma across different platforms PC PS4/5 XBox and Switch with the same game so you could, if you wanted to, compare results appearing in your Rapps depending on the platform played on  👍 

No problem at all, thanks for the new suggestion!