COD Cold War Server & Geo-Filter Issues

I have been experiencing issues with the COD servers lately especially when using geo-filter on COD Cold War lately.  I am not blaming the geo-filter.   It seems that they (Activision/Treyarch) have made changes on the game and COD server side that are affecting game play.  Some of the issues are listed below.  

PS5, COD Cold War, southern California location.  Geo-filter around California and Arizona with ping assist at 30mS.

1. With cross play and geo-filter both disabled, it takes a really long time to find games when in parties.  It is better when playing solo but still much longer than normal.
  2. Friends are having a more difficult time joining my party.  This is true even if friends are within the geo-filter zone.  Having cross play disabled can sometimes cause this to be worse.
  3. With geo-filter enabled, the party  breaks once the game search starts.  We all close and restart the game and try again with the same result.  With the geo-filter disabled, it does not break the party and the game search is successful.
  4. With cross play and geo-filter enabled, we cannot find a game.  Disable geo-filter and it immediately finds a game in the geo-filter area.  After it finds a game, I back out of the lobby, enable geo-filter and it now works. 
  5. Even with geo-filter disabled, the party often breaks when have 6 of 6 people from PSN in the party.  With a single PC or XBOX player in the mix, the party is more stable with 6 people. 
  6. Once the party breaks, ALL players have to close the game and restart it.  If one player does not, the party remains broken even if changing host party player.

Are others seeing similar issues?

Hey bro I used to live in La Jolla, say hi to San Diego!!

When you play solo put the ping assist to 0 instead of 30 and select the great LA area then make also sure that strict mode is enabled. Doing so you’ll have like 10ms in Warzone 

8 hours ago, UK_Wildcats_Fans said:

1. With cross play and geo-filter enabled, we cannot find a game.  Disable geo-filter and it immediately finds a game in the geo-filter area.  After it finds a game, I back out of the lobby, enable geo-filter and it now works.

No man it doesn’t work like this. In order to make it work you have to also draw a small area around the real home address of the friend you are playing with in order to allow him

1. Even with geo-filter disabled, the party often breaks when have 6 of 6 people from PSN in the party.  With a single PC or XBOX player in the mix, the party is more stable with 6 people.

Same story, draw an area around the real home address of ALL the party members 

It is better when playing solo but still much longer than normal.

Of course cuz you are forcing a server and a server only. Once that server is free for you to join you will be queued but that’s the good part. Forcing LA with ping assist 0 you will be able to basically play like in LAN that’s what netduma is all about!

• Administrators

We have had some reports that people are finding it very difficult to get games on the West Coast even without the Geo-Filter, I suspect these servers are not always online for some reason. Playing with such a big party will reduce the amount of games you're able to connect to, for example, it has to match by skill/ping which is difficult as it is, then it has to find a game with 6 spots all open on one team.

11 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

We have had some reports that people are finding it very difficult to get games on the West Coast even without the Geo-Filter, I suspect these servers are not always online for some reason. Playing with such a big party will reduce the amount of games you're able to connect to, for example, it has to match by skill/ping which is difficult as it is, then it has to find a game with 6 spots all open on one team.

Sometimes netduma thinks that players are actually servers, it happens with my friends, they are showed up as servers. So if he doesn’t allow them either allowing them or drawing a circle around their real IP location they won’t solve 

Thank you for your comments Josh.  

I am playing multiplayer and not Warzone.  My geo-filter is around the state of California and parts of Arizona.  This area includes most of the friends that I play.  I often find mis-located servers, so I keep the ping assist at 30mS to catch these servers.  

The problem is not players joining the party.  My friends are able to join the party even with the geo-filter enabled.  The problem is when I hit start to find a game while the party is together.  

Even with the geo-filter off, keeping parties together in multiplayer is often impossible.  Every time that the party breaks, every player has to close the game and restart it.  If just one player does not restart, the party is broken and will not find a game or will immediately break when starting a game.  Once every player has closed and restarted, the party is able to play normally.  After further testing over the past few days, the problem is significantly worse with 5 & 6 players in the party.

Fraser - I fully understand your comment and the game dynamics.  I did some further testing.   With 3 people in the party, we all restarted our PS5 & PS4 consoles and opened Cold War.  The geo-filter was disabled during this process.   Once partied up, I enabled the geo-filter and started a game. After 10 minutes, we never found a game.  With the party still together, I disabled the geo-filter and immediately found a game in LA area. After the game, I re-enabled the geo-fitler and started the search.  I was able to find a game within a few minutes within the LA area.

I repeated this test a few times with different parties (PSN only and mixed platforms).  I even tried having the fiends join with and without the geo-filter enabled.  It did not make a difference.  

As a test I played for about 4 hours yesterday with the geo-filter disabled and whether the locations were inside or outside my geo-filter area.  I was only about to get about 16 games due to party issues and food/potty breaks 5 of the 16 games were outside the state of California.   

• Administrators

@UK_Wildcats_Fans that is interesting, it sounds like there is an authentication server that you're blocking initially that only appears when you're searching for a game so when you disable then re-enable it is able to be allowed and then you can filter with no issue. Try it again and fully zoom out on the map and see if there is an extra server/icon that appears and then allow it, then see if you can filter right away.

6 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

@UK_Wildcats_Fans that is interesting, it sounds like there is an authentication server that you're blocking initially that only appears when you're searching for a game so when you disable then re-enable it is able to be allowed and then you can filter with no issue. Try it again and fully zoom out on the map and see if there is an extra server/icon that appears and then allow it, then see if you can filter right away.

I zoomed all the way out and tested.  I don't see anything outside the geo-filter zone when I start the matches.

• Administrators
1 hour ago, UK_Wildcats_Fans said:

I zoomed all the way out and tested.  I don't see anything outside the geo-filter zone when I start the matches.

Is there perhaps an already allowed authentication server that you see when it works compared to when it doesn't?

• Administrators
42 minutes ago, UK_Wildcats_Fans said:

There is nothing in my allowed and deny list.

I mean just a normal authentication server with the white circle around it, I want to see whether it's allowed but for some reason only first showing on the map when the Geo-Filter is disabled