XR500 2.32.134 Issues

Hello Netduma Team,

Seems like my previous setting of putting my PC as games console now does not prioritize traffic properly under DUMA OS CLASSIFIED GAMES.

I have since since put my PC back as computer under device manager and prioritized it as games console under QOS. I had issues of Vanguard randomly putting my nat to moderate from time to time and I figured out this could be causing it.

This way right now the PC is prioritising properly and Vanguard is consistently having open NAT.

Pls take note.

Screenshot_20220509-210923.jpg

• Administrators

I wouldn't have expected Classified Games to prioritize when the device is set to a console actually as it would use DPI so that is surprising it worked in the first place really and what you have done would actually be my recommendation until we can update Classified Games

1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

I wouldn't have expected Classified Games to prioritize when the device is set to a console actually as it would use DPI so that is surprising it worked in the first place really and what you have done would actually be my recommendation until we can update Classified Games

Thanks Fraser. The firmware before 2.32.134 was working with my PC set as console and I let DumaOS classified games do the prioritising. That worked very well and activated all the time. With 2.32.134, DumaOS classified games sometimes do not kick in and I get moderate NAT when playing Vanguard randomly. Doing what I did above it started to work properly so even I'm confused why I was suddenly having issues. But the above set up is 100% hitreg perfect when playing Vanguard so far so I'll leave it for now.

I feel DumaOS classified games should have a permanently priority setting for whatever goes through the first lan port of the router be it pc or Xbox/PS. It would greatly simplify things for many.

• Administrators

That is very peculiar, I suspect it was a false reading for NAT, prioritizing/not prioritizing ports shouldn't impact that. I'll make a ticket to add a feature to prioritize by port, however doing that would also prioritize downloads which could have an adverse affect.

9 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

That is very peculiar, I suspect it was a false reading for NAT, prioritizing/not prioritizing ports shouldn't impact that. I'll make a ticket to add a feature to prioritize by port, however doing that would also prioritize downloads which could have an adverse affect.

On the firmware before 2.32.134 setting my PC as games console under device manager and letting DumaOS classified games do the prioritising, I had consistently more uploads than downloads. It was untill I updated to 2.32.134 that randomly Vanguard would show moderate and I took days to figure out what was going on. So I created another rule under QOS this time with my PC as games console and it can be seen that the rule prioritises traffic perfectly while DumaOS classified games does not just looking at the red dot during gaming.

No worries Frasier hope they can further improve the QoS system especially for PC as it seems to be broken. Currently with how I'm setup, zero issues and very happy with hitreg. Most servers I'm getting 7ms-43ms ping.

Just curious, if priority of port can be done while dependent on the bandwidth allocation set seems to be a good idea forward if it can work. That way only a fixed bandwidth is given to that port and any excess will still be able to be shared if set correctly.

9 hours ago, satinghostrider said:

On the firmware before 2.32.134 setting my PC as games console under device manager and letting DumaOS classified games do the prioritising, I had consistently more uploads than downloads. It was untill I updated to 2.32.134 that randomly Vanguard would show moderate and I took days to figure out what was going on. So I created another rule under QOS this time with my PC as games console and it can be seen that the rule prioritises traffic perfectly while DumaOS classified games does not just looking at the red dot during gaming.

No worries Frasier hope they can further improve the QoS system especially for PC as it seems to be broken. Currently with how I'm setup, zero issues and very happy with hitreg. Most servers I'm getting 7ms-43ms ping.

Just curious, if priority of port can be done while dependent on the bandwidth allocation set seems to be a good idea forward if it can work. That way only a fixed bandwidth is given to that port and any excess will still be able to be shared if set correctly.

There are some big improvements in general coming to QoS in the next firmware so you should see a noticeable difference in performance there.