Static Routes on Xbox

onemorebrew

Hi all,

If i've set a static route on my xr1000 for my xbox, would it be beneficial to add that ip address manually into the xbox or should i leave it alone and just use the connection i've already got? Just wondering if it would help with keeping a stable connection or whether it doesn't make a difference and the router itself will do a good enough job with qos and geo filter etc.

Thanks

• Administrators

A static route is very unlikely to help with your connection and could negatively impact it, I would recommend you disable this completely and just focus on the main DumaOS features like QoS & the Geo-Filter

I have disabled it but i've just discovered what my actual connection problem is. When i'm playing a game on xbox (almost always pubg), i will have an open nat right up until i open the game. Once the game is running, it still shows open nat until i test the nat and it says double nat detcted. I'm not sure what to do now because ive tried clearing persistent storage and alternate mac address. I've also forwarded ports the same as on my previous router and ive used port triggering because that seems to help the connection. My isp modem doesn't seem to have an option for forwarding ports to the netgear router either.

There is however, a "LAN TCP/IP setup" section on my isp modem and it says to configure those settings if my network has multiple routers. Just worries me changing those settings because it says it will restart and terminate any internet connection.