Download speed incorrect benchmark

Hi I need some help regarding benchmark testing my ping test is A+ and my ping test (underload) is A+ but my download speed is showing as D around 300mbps I should be getting up up close to around 1gb download any suggestions on how I can resolve this thanks 

8 hours ago, Jordon said:

Hi I need some help regarding benchmark testing my ping test is A+ and my ping test (underload) is A+ but my download speed is showing as D around 300mbps I should be getting up up close to around 1gb download any suggestions on how I can resolve this thanks 

If you run a third-party speed-test like speedtest.net or fast.com, what are the download speeds showing there? Are they closer to what you'd expect?

1 hour ago, Jordon said:

@Netduma Fraser I’ve just ran a test but I should be getting close to 1gb down upload not so bad, an then when I run a test on benchmark this is what I get 

OK thanks, looks as though you haven't yet entered your speeds into DumaOS. Can you please go to the three-dot menu in the top right -> Advanced -> Network Speeds and then set these speeds to be about what you'd realistically expect to get.

Could you also please share with us how you've currently got QoS configured?

4 minutes ago, Jordon said:

I’m on the latest one I’ve just done auto detect for connection speeds an it seems to think I should set me download to 300 an upload to 28

OK, since upgrading have you factory reset the XR500? If not, I'd certainly suggest doing that, it can clear out low-level issues that might've been left over from the previous firmware.

4 minutes ago, Netduma Liam said:

OK, since upgrading have you factory reset the XR500? If not, I'd certainly suggest doing that, it can clear out low-level issues that might've been left over from the previous firmware.

Yeh I have done I’ve used the reccomended data it told me to put an get these results but obvious it’s miles off the 1gb I should be getting 

62B56228-733F-42EA-B6F7-89986E669504.jpeg

• Administrators

You're speeds there are showing you've not entered what you expect in Bandwidth Settings, don't do the speed test, type the speeds in manually. We're still improving Benchmark so if they don't show full speeds don't worry too much, focus on what speedtest.net says. 

Ping is okay but the send/receive rate is pretty good!

8 hours ago, Jordon said:

Yeh I have done I’ve used the reccomended data it told me to put an get these results but obvious it’s miles off the 1gb I should be getting 

62B56228-733F-42EA-B6F7-89986E669504.jpeg

How can I go from this earlier to this while no one is awake an only me using the internet??

5CCEF397-B79C-4DAB-85E2-028DD0474683.jpeg

2 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

As above we're still improving the results so I wouldn't worry about Ping Under Load too much, with QoS active you would never get those kinds of results.

I have my virgin modem in bridge mode then connected to the xr router is that right I’m going to ring virgin tomorrow to see if the speed is on there side, my connection earlier was really good hit detection spot on thought I’d solved the issue an then it just went crazy ping spikes everywere 🥲

• Administrators

That's fine but I find their modem mode to be a bit finicky so I'd suggest trying it in router mode with the WAN IP from the XR System Information page in the VM DMZ instead and see if that improves things.

The game ping had spikes? Can you provide a screenshot of your QoS settings please?

11 hours ago, Jordon said:

Is there a video on how to do this not really clued up on Wht dmz means 

I'm not entirely sure as I don't have a VM hub myself, but you'll need to access your Virgin interface by going to 192.168.0.1 in your web browser.

From there, look for firewall settings/DMZ settings and put the XR500 WAN IP in there. 

You can find the XR500 WAN IP by going to the XR500 interface (192.168.1.1), then go to System Information -> Network Status.

• Administrators
17 minutes ago, Dogzirra said:

mine is the same way.  If i go to xfinity speed test im getting around 750-900 mbs down.. on my connection benchmark i'm never higher than 400.

We're still improving the results for Benchmark on the XR routers so if a third party speed test says that's what you're getting that will be correct