Issue with COD games not let me connect to server.

I have a Pace 5268AC modem with ATT fiber. I have it set up for IP pass through to a XR500. Everything seems to be working fine, but for some reason if I hard wire my PS5 to the router and try to play COD it won't connect to the servers. If I connect the PS5 via WiFi it will connect just fine. Any ideas why this would happen?

• Administrators

Welcome to the forum!

That is very odd, does it get internet if you do the console connection test? Have you tried using different ethernet cables/ports on the router?

What IP does the console get when connected to WiFi and what does it get connected via ethernet?

It get internet just fine to the console, it will even let me connect to GTA servers just fine. The PS5 itself it operates as normal, it seems like something is being blocked for COD via ethernet. I will check if the IP changes when I using wired or wifi.

• Administrators
1 minute ago, KruuL said:

It get internet just fine to the console, it will even let me connect to GTA servers just fine. The PS5 itself it operates as normal, it seems like something is being blocked for COD via ethernet. I will check if the IP changes when I using wired or wifi.

Just to be clear, the IP will change but just want to be sure they're both receiving an IP from the XR correctly.

In WAN Settings set NAT to Open and see if that makes any difference.

• Administrators
12 minutes ago, KruuL said:

I did give that a try as well with the NAT being open, still the same issue. So I moved it back to secure. Is it fine to leave NAT open?

Yes that's fine, you're still protected by the firewall. Disable QoS completely from the Congestion Control :menu and see if that has an affect please

4 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Are you using automatic network settings on the console when connecting via ethernet? Have you changed DNS, MTU or anything like that?

I haven't tries that yet, but I did look. I do have the routers DNS set as cloudflare. When I looked at setting for wired connection most of the settings were to specify or not. So I wasn't sure what to fill-in or try. 

4 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

There are no specific settings on the router that would just apply to ethernet connections so it would lead me to believe it's on the game side but could you reboot the router then check?

Yeah, that's what I'm so stumped on. I have rebooted the router a few time with no change, but I will try it again to see if something changes.