my xr500 is dead !!

hello

After updating my router xr500 to the latest firmware, I rebooted it and the device is currently not working.
I did all the steps from TFTP and 30/30/30 and restore factory settings manually and the device is actually dead :(
Are there solutions to this problem?

especially the warranty expired since  two years ago

now the router only work power light orange 

When I make the TFTP method, it shows me 0 Block and not upgrade  !!

please i need help to fix that 

• Administrators

Did you confirm that the router had upgraded successfully before rebooting the router?

Don't do a 30/30/30 reset, it's meant for very old routers and can damage newer routers.

Unplug the router from power for 10 minutes, plug in, wait 2 minutes, attempt access, if it doesn't work hold the reset button for 30 seconds, release, wait 2 minutes then try access again. 

Otherwise you can try using nmrpflash, it is not an official method and so not something we can help with directly, therefore make sure to read the instructions fully https://github.com/jclehner/nmrpflash

• Administrators

The only other thing I could advise would be to unplug the router from power for 24 hours, that can sometimes bring it back to life, if that doesn't work then it sounds like it may be bricked then unfortunately, you can try contacting Netgear support to see if they have any other troubleshooting methods.

i think the problem is no ip for xr500 so i rest the router and waiting the white light power and i can see the router he have ip and then can transfer firmware 

but after finished the router restarting and not respond 

• Administrators

If the router is dead it wouldn't be able to give you an IP properly, I believe you're supposed to issue the TFTP command before that happens - did you give your PC a static IP as detailed in the original TFTP guide you followed? If not that is why it is not able to send and work properly.

i using TFTP to send firmware to router but i should turn off and hold rest factory manually and and turn on for 30 seconds and waiting the light power to flashing white and after send it successfully he restarting and still power light red and nothing change !!

i send firmware to 192.168.1.1 

• Administrators

I'm not sure what guide you're following but the point of TFTP is to install the new firmware before it has booted up, once the light turns white it has booted and therefore will not install the firmware correctly. Use this guide: https://kb.netgear.com/000059634/How-do-I-upload-firmware-to-my-NETGEAR-router-using-TFTP-from-the-Microsoft-Windows-Command-Prompt?article=000059634 and try again

• 7 months later...

Yes I did last night but it seemed the issue is only with the adaptor. kind of broken because I bought a PDU switch which is too tight.

I just tried to use a similar adaptor from Huawei and it works okay.  I will try to put epoxy on its original charger so it will be stronger.

Anyway, Netduma Fraser Can you add me to the beta tester program so I can explore the new netduma soon?

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Jeofel08 said:

Yes I did last night but it seemed the issue is only with the adaptor. kind of broken because I bought a PDU switch which is too tight.

I just tried to use a similar adaptor from Huawei and it works okay.  I will try to put epoxy on its original charger so it will be stronger.

Anyway, Netduma Fraser Can you add me to the beta tester program so I can explore the new netduma soon?

Ahh glad you managed to resolve it, I'll add you to the list for when we expand!