Lagging!

I’m running two consoles. Ps4 and a ps5! Me and my girl play Warzone together at the same time! I can get connected to lobby’s with no problem but I’m constantly having issues with lagging no matter what I try! I’ve tried every variation in the geo filter I can think of! Both consoles are set to filter! The server I’m connected to says I have a 30-40 ping yet in game it’s unplayable! Lag spikes are terrible and the in game latency meter is spiking over 100 ping. Both consoles are hard wired!

Welcome to the forum!

Have you configured QoS on your XR1000? If not I'd certainly suggest so as it can really help with issues like this, checkout the below article.

http://support.netduma.com/support/solutions/articles/16000077073-dumaos-optimal-settings-guide-qos

If you're still experiencing issues after that please send over a screenshot of your QoS configuration, including Traffic Prioritisation and we can look into it for you.

I’ll upload some screenshots when I get home later, but I have ran the auto setup on the congestion control and allocated bandwidth specifically for gaming. I’ve even attempted turning off Wi-Fi all together. Is there something specific I need to do with the traffic prioritization? Because it is still the original setup. I figured since it already had a rule made for gaming, that would be sufficient…unless that’s for Wi-Fi. Regardless doesn’t make much sense if Wi-Fi is turned off and the only two devices on my network are the two consoles hard wired. 

I did discover last night that I was running on the old firmware and updated it, but I was only running one console at the time and didn’t have any issues. It’s only when I’m running both of them.

• Administrators

So in WAN Settings set NAT to Open instead of secured, that may help. 

Also if the Geo-Filter ping is low and stable but the in game ping is high then that indicates the server is under load and it would be beneficial to force some different servers, even if they may be slightly further away.