XR1000 Warzone Packet Prioritization doesn´t work

Hello,

I updated my XR1000 to the newest Firmware 1.0.0.64_1.0.49 and now the Traffic Prioritization (DumaOS Classified Games) doesn´t recognize the game CoD Warzone but its working for CSGO.

I did a Factory Reset after the update.

What is the best Firmware for the XR1000 ?

Netduma Forum says the latest firmware is v1.0.0.58 but the Netgear Forum says 1.0.0.64_1.0.49 is the newest update.

https://forum.netduma.com/forum/106-latest-firmwares/

Should I install the v1.0.0.58 (is it better?) or is there a fix for the Traffic Prioritization (I don´t like the Port 1 - 65535 Prioritization, I only want Prioritization for Warzone Packets )

Call of Duty is not in the Traffic Prioritization Selector nor in Gaming - Applications, I can only find it under Uncategorized-Applications in the Bandwidth Allocation Tab.

Are you playing Warzone on PC or console?

When you say it's not being recognised, is the rule not lighting up or is it not counting packets?

Apologies, that page was outdated. I've updated it now. 1.0.0.64 is the latest firmware with the latest security update so you should probably stick to that one.

• Administrators

Games Console prioritizes ports 1024-65535, so won't include normal web browsing or anything like that, basically just what the game needs.

Look up the ports required for the game, then make advanced rules based on those ports/protocols that they detail

so i have to add my pc multiple times for each port range ?

And how does the source port and destination port work ?

Can you give me an example please ?

• UDP 27000 - 27015
  • UDP 27031 - 27036

image.png.c432f7d57e012b16bd2b0e542d848527.png

• Administrators

Yes precisely! We usually suggest leaving the source ports as the default and just doing the destination ports. So start would be the first number in the range, e.g. 27000 and end would be the last number e.g. 27015

image.png.21f4a4478d879d43411e4184223d0707.png

Thats the only configuration i can get the prioritization to work and light up the red dots when im playing... but if i put 1-65535 in the source port and 27000-27015 in the destination port like u suggested, the ports wont light up. Is this a bug or am i doing something wrong ? 

yea i know 27000-27015 is for csgo 

3074 is for warzone but i have to do the same for it to work:

Source Port 3074

Destination Port has to be 1-65535 otherwise the red dots wont light up when im ingame and the packets dont count..

but why is it not working like you suggested it: 

Source Port

Start 1, End 65535

Destination Port

Start 27000, End 27015

Protocol, UDP

when i do this the red dots wont light up and the packets dont count up

i will try that 

by the way is there a funktion in the router where i can monitor which ports the game i play uses ?

i downloaded wireshark and saw that csgo is not using 27000-27015 it used 27005->27197 on one server, then i connected to another one and it said

27005->27050 so i guess i have to only prioritize 27005 and the other one is always changing depending on the server ? How can i prioritize the changing one ?

10 hours ago, Niklas said:

i will try that 

by the way is there a funktion in the router where i can monitor which ports the game i play uses ?

i downloaded wireshark and saw that csgo is not using 27000-27015 it used 27005->27197 on one server, then i connected to another one and it said

27005->27050 so i guess i have to only prioritize 27005 and the other one is always changing depending on the server ? How can i prioritize the changing one ?

Not exactly, you can probably see some information as to what ports it requests in the UPnP settings, but it won't be too telling. 

Generally speaking though, it's easiest to simply Google the ports that the game uses.

54 minutes ago, Niklas said:

this doesnt work

That's interesting, in this scenario I'd suggest sticking with the rules that are working for you until we re-classified CS:GO in our DPI system, that would then mean DumaOS Classified Games can just prioritise it for you rather than having to make a custom rule.