Geo-Filter and dedicated servers

Hello,

I am having a problem with Geo-Filter. I do not know how to automatically block players far away when the connection passes through a dedicated server. Geo-Filter looks only at the dedicated server and allows the connection. The result is a bad connection. Is there a solution?

Thank you!

• BestNoob99 changed the title to Geo-Filter and dedicated servers

Welcome to the forum!

Unfortunately, if the game uses server-based matchmaking, you have no control over who else connects to the game. They connect to the same server that you do and you can't really stop that.

What game is this that you're playing?

Thank you for your reply.

The game is FIFA.

When the game searches for a player, at first, I see the player as blocked (in yellow). Then, the player passes through the dedicated server. I am wondering, as long as the Geo-Filter can idenify the player, why does it not block them right away? That would make the system much better in my opinion.

• Administrators

When it appears as a triangle the player is blocked, it is then the game that persists in wanting to connecting you to that player and therefore uses a server you can connect each to. We can only then see the connection you have to the server, not to the player you're against. As long as you get the closest server to you then you should have more of an advantage.

2 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

As long as you get the closest server to you then you should have more of an advantage.

What you are saying is logical. However, I get a bad match similar to a match with a high ping.

• Administrators

The white circle one will be for authentication. You must be connecting to a Canadian server then and at that ping it literally couldn't be any better. It has some jitter but nothing major, what are your QoS settings?

• Administrators
40 minutes ago, BestNoob99 said:

The QoS settings are the default settings. I am not trying to get a lower ping for this dedicated server. The problem happens whenever the other player is too far from the server.

As it's based on the server it is not possible to influence who connects to that server, even if it was possible that would count as network manipulation which would likely get you banned. We can only influence the direct connections you make, to a server on a server based game or to a player on a P2P based game