RPC error

getting this error in the geo-filter. How to fix?

RPC error 'ERROR_UNKNOWN': Unterminated JSON encoded object found at position in [] -> stack traceback: ?: in function <?:73> [C]: in function 'assert' ?: in function 'decode' ?: in function <?:119> ?: in function <?:382> [C]: in function 'xpcall' ?: in function 'try' ?: in function <?:346> [C]: in function 'run' ?: in function <?:405> [C]: in function 'xpcall' ?: in function 'try' ?: in function <?:263> (tail call): ? ?: in function <?:30> [C]: in function 'xpcall' ?: in main chunk [C]: ?

I recently updated to 2.3.2.130 on the XR500 (i have forgotten what I updated from). The error blocks me from interacting with the page. i hit ok it pops right back up. I reload the page it pops up 5-10 seconds after its loaded. I only have one device in the geo filter my computer. I tried to delete devices in the 10 seconds it gives me but it comes up The operation is taking longer than expected. Please briefly wait before using this Rapp. waited about 2 mins same thing. I reloaded the page and the device is gone and no RPC error. Seems like deleting the devices fixed it. I have added back my device and the error is back. so adding my device replicated the error.

If it helps I found this in the log.

[DumaOS] RPC call 'mode' exception 'ERROR: Exec '/usr/bin/geoip -M 0 -f /tmp/geoip_ipc2' failed with 1 stack traceback: ^I?: i, function '__new__' ^I?: in function '?' ^I?: in function <?:469> ^I(tail call): ? ^I?: in function 'safe_execute' ^I?: in function 'update_mode' ^I?: in function 'property_change' ^I?: in function <?:312> ^I?: in function <?:382> ^I[C]: in function 'xpcall' ^I?: in function 'try' ^I?: in function <?:346> ^I[C]: in function 'run' ^I?: in function <?:405> ^I[C]: in function 'xpcall' ^I?: in function 'try' ^I?: in function <?:263> ^I(tail call): ? ^I?: in function <?:30> ^I[C]: in function 'xpcall' ^I?: in main chunk ^I[C]: ?'

• Administrators

Thank you for the information, could you downgrade to .114 (https://kb.netgear.com/000062867/XR500-Firmware-Version-2-3-2-114) once complete, do a factory reset, wait 2 minutes. After you've gone through the wizard re-upgrade to .130 (https://kb.netgear.com/000064346/XR500-Firmware-Version-2-3-2-130) don't do a reset, then see if the issue continues please.

1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Thank you for the information, could you downgrade to .114 (https://kb.netgear.com/000062867/XR500-Firmware-Version-2-3-2-114) once complete, do a factory reset, wait 2 minutes. After you've gone through the wizard re-upgrade to .130 (https://kb.netgear.com/000064346/XR500-Firmware-Version-2-3-2-130) don't do a reset, then see if the issue continues please.

Thank you sir, this appears to have fixed it.  

ok the RPC error has returned. 

RPC error 'ERROR_UNKNOWN': Unterminated JSON encoded object found at position in [] -> stack traceback: ?: in function <?:73> [C]: in function 'assert' ?: in function 'decode' ?: in function <?:119> ?: in function <?:382> [C]: in function 'xpcall' ?: in function 'try' ?: in function <?:346> [C]: in function 'run' ?: in function <?:405> [C]: in function 'xpcall' ?: in function 'try' ?: in function <?:263> (tail call): ? ?: in function <?:30> [C]: in function 'xpcall' ?: in main chunk [C]: ?

12 hours ago, theharv said:

ok the RPC error has returned. 

Are you only seeing this in Geo-filter? Can you get past the error or does it block you accessing Geo-filter? If you access the interface from an incognito window do you still have the same issue?

only on the geo-filter as far as i know. it completely blocks me from interacting with the geo-filter. when i remove my pc it does not come up. when i add my pc it comes up. same thing in incognito window. 

10 hours ago, theharv said:

only on the geo-filter as far as i know. it completely blocks me from interacting with the geo-filter. when i remove my pc it does not come up. when i add my pc it comes up. same thing in incognito window. 

Could you please do the following:

• Remove the PC from Geo-filter
  • Go to the three-line menu in the top left, hit Resync Cloud.
  • Reboot the router through the interface
  • Wait 2 minutes
  • Go back to Geo-filter and re-add the device

• 2 weeks later...